Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Friends,

This is not to scare anyone but I am really worried as many indications are coming forward that 2613 will be removed from the list next financial year.

There are conflicting reports about this as the site says that the code was never flagged for this year but previous years it has been flagged. And recent pdf from the site shows that it was flagged and is confirmed by the below attachment

Even my hubby who is in NSW says that the particular category jobs are non existent and they may very well remove the occupation. I have already applied for 309 but that is provisional visa and i will not be able to get the job on that visa. By the way I have 70 points and i applied in the end of may on 27th .

I am really worried by the trends and I dont want to go on 309 and sit at home.

What are your views. Or I am simply getting worried for no reason .

View attachment FlaggedOccupations.pdf .

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hi Friends,

This is not to scare anyone but I am really worried as many indications are coming forward that 2613 will be removed from the list next financial year.

There are conflicting reports about this as the site says that the code was never flagged for this year but previous years it has been flagged. And recent pdf from the site shows that it was flagged and is confirmed by the below attachment

Even my hubby who is in NSW says that the particular category jobs are non existent and they may very well remove the occupation. I have already applied for 309 but that is provisional visa and i will not be able to get the job on that visa. By the way I have 70 points and i applied in the end of may on 27th .

View attachment 46674 .
309 gives you rights to work and live in Australia. I can't comment on the job market for NSW but I read an news article a fortnight ago about projected shortage of IT talents till 2020 in Australia.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Hi Friends,

View attachment 46674 .

I think you are getting worried for no reason.
No way they are going to remove the code from the skill list, It is driving force for the economy these days you spend money to get the visa and then you spend the rest of your savings in OZ before you manage to get some sort of job .
Imagine they stop issuing visa millions of dollars of cash flow is stopped all at once.
What your hubby said is right its difficult time these days ( people are getting jobs
eventually ).
309 has full working rights and you can work on that visa, Even the PR folks are job deprived. So if your hubby can go via his contacts you might very well get a chance to give a interview and secure a job in 309 too.

·
Registered
171 Posts
@Bennu -

The FlaggedOccupations pdf which you linked lists almost all the jobs in the market. Does that mean there wont be any job for any one?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@Bennu -

The FlaggedOccupations pdf which you linked lists almost all the jobs in the market. Does that mean there wont be any job for any one?
I have taken this from ANZCO website :(
I am not sure of the occupation list but that's the modified PDF there.
I think it does not speak about no jobs but rather that the market is already full with plenty of local experience and flagging is to stop the migration to ease the burden on job market.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
309 gives you rights to work and live in Australia. I can't comment on the job market for NSW but I read an news article a fortnight ago about projected shortage of IT talents till 2020 in Australia.
Have you or any person that you know has applied for 309,
I have applied via paper VFS application from london AHC and have got the CO after 6 months and am yet to be granted the visa with some folks telling that it takes around 9 to 12 months.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think you are getting worried for no reason.
No way they are going to remove the code from the skill list, It is driving force for the economy these days you spend money to get the visa and then you spend the rest of your savings in OZ before you manage to get some sort of job .
Imagine they stop issuing visa millions of dollars of cash flow is stopped all at once.
What your hubby said is right its difficult time these days ( people are getting jobs
eventually ).
309 has full working rights and you can work on that visa, Even the PR folks are job deprived. So if your hubby can go via his contacts you might very well get a chance to give a interview and secure a job in 309 too.
I am not sure how to take your words.
Was there a sarcasm here somewhere, I was not able to understand why a developed country would employ such a route to fetch money from the immigrants .
Hope you are just joking here.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I am not sure how to take your words.
Was there a sarcasm here somewhere, I was not able to understand why a developed country would employ such a route to fetch money from the immigrants .
Hope you are just joking here.
lord :) I was telling that to cheer you up :).
I think there is some issue with the list. As it is the only place where i can see so many occupations being flagged.
OZ is big country with small population and is yet to become one of the IT destination. So the issue is the increasing number of migrants and inversely proportional jobs being generated.
But if you are talented soul out there you should not worry much.

Cheers and best of luck

·
Registered
89 Posts
Have you or any person that you know has applied for 309,
I have applied via paper VFS application from london AHC and have got the CO after 6 months and am yet to be granted the visa with some folks telling that it takes around 9 to 12 months.
I know people who were granted partner visas and my partner and I intend to apply for it as well so we have done our fair share of research.
The processing time you quoted sounds about right, it is indeed a lengthy process but on the bright side, I am very positive that you will have full working rights once the 309 visa is approved.

·
Registered
41 Posts
3rd post that I am reading on this forum regarding 2613 job codes. I am really unsure where people are getting information or just spreading rumors. I had earlier replied in another post, the 2613 "was" (past tense) flagged 2013-2014, "but" they are removed from the list in 2014-15.

Although nothing can be said till the list comes out eventually, I leave it upto you to either be positive or get tensed over a future uncertain event.

https://www.anzscosearch.com/flagged-occupations-2014-2015/

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi Friends,

View attachment 46674 .
The PDF file is not dated.
I am almost certain that the 2613 / 2611 will remain on the SOL.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Yes...no chance of getting it removed else DIBP will go bankrupt. 2613 is the biggest source of their earning. Jobs or no jobs in the market doesn't matter. 2613 is here to stay in SOL.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes...no chance of getting it removed else DIBP will go bankrupt. 2613 is the biggest source of their earning. Jobs or no jobs in the market doesn't matter. 2613 is here to stay in SOL.
Whoa that's distressing. You guys are saying that there are no jobs under these categories and DIBP has planned all this to trap us and grab our savings. That's unlike any sensible immigration policy hope its not all true.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Whoa that's distressing. You guys are saying that there are no jobs under these categories and DIBP has planned all this to trap us and grab our savings. That's unlike any sensible immigration policy hope its not all true.
Nothing surprising or distressing about it. Its a business and will be more business oriented from next year as Govt is considering to auction visas and other options to increase their earning.

It serves 2 purpose. One immigrants comes in and spend foreign exchange in oz market which helps to keep the cycle of economy going and when they find jobs they pay taxes. Govt knows no immigrant can survive without job for 2 years to claim government unemployment benefits. Everything is well planned to benefit oz economy.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Agree with Danav on the job scenario. It exists but you need to follow Darwin's Theory to get one and stick on to it. And then it drops down to how he/she adapts for the local job culture.

·
Registered
56 Posts
As per Australian Workforce and Productivity Agency , which submits SOL, 2613 is not among the flagged occupation lists for 2014.

Flagged Occupations

Even if your pdf is latest, "flagged" occupation implies that the occupation may be removed in future years. e.g flag 2613 in 2015 and remove in 2016 or in subsequent years.

That's my interpretation of this concern.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Agree with Danav on the job scenario. It exists but you need to follow Darwin's Theory to get one and stick on to it. And then it drops down to how he/she adapts for the local job culture.
Spot on...just want to add the name of darwin's theory over here..its "survival of the fittest". That's how immigration works in oz.

·
Registered
17 Posts
2613 category is there and so are other related occupations

check the latest SOL and CSOL occupation lists on the official website

:)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts