Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Can anyone provide guidance / advice on best private health screening provider in Costa Blanca region?
We´re both in our early seventies and looking for a general whole body health check up. (my special concern is breast scan. His : prostate.)
There are a few clinics offering this service and I just wonder if any members have personal experiences which they may care to share.

All / any thoughts / advice will be greatly appreciated.

·
Administrator
36,516 Posts
Hi
Can anyone provide guidance / advice on best private health screening provider in Costa Blanca region?
We´re both in our early seventies and looking for a general whole body health check up. (my special concern is breast scan. His : prostate.)
There are a few clinics offering this service and I just wonder if any members have personal experiences which they may care to share.

:welcome:

I imagine that you're registered with the state health service with S1s? If so, you can get all that done for free via your GP

·
Registered
834 Posts
Hi

As Xabiachica says, if you are entitled to State healthcare you will get some free health-screening. But I suspect the sort of "on demand" whole body health check you are looking for will only be available at a private hospital. Our private health insurer pays for an annual health-check which includes blood and urine analysis and, every two or three years, x-rays, heart test and abdominal scan. Most private hospitals in the Costa Blanca provide very thorough health checks for a price. They involve a full-day of consultations, MRI, scan, X-rays, etc. I think the cost is around €600 but this will vary depending on which hospital you choose (there can be dramatic differences - for example, the quote for an operation for my wife varied by €2,000 between two Alicante hospitals). You will find a full directory of local private hospitals on the web. I can recommend IMED who have hospitals in Benidorm and Elche (near the airport)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi, Thanks for the responses. We are resident, have S1 etc. My main interest was in getting a routine breast check Xray etc but these are only available up to the age of 70 (in this region anyway - Denia) Local health service will, of course, deal with any breast health issues after these present as a problem. I´m just trying to be a little pre-emptive. Looks like a trip to Imed.
Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts