Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22,399 Posts
It seems the local Town Hall -who could be Villain Numero Uno- are to be made responsible, which, as they seemed to be handing out these incomplete permissions, seems fair.
I gather they are appealing, though.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Yes I read elsewhere I believe the town hall is disputing the type of accomodation the Priors are requesting, stating that they only have to provide "suitable" accomodation.

·
Registered
22,399 Posts
Yes I read elsewhere I believe the town hall is disputing the type of accomodation the Priors are requesting, stating that they only have to provide "suitable" accomodation.
It dores seem, though, that this is the 'correct' way to proceed. I've thought all along that each case should be examined thoroughly, the facts ascertained and the responsible party 'punished'.
If as seems probable the Municipality is at fault for encouraging reckless building, they should be made to compendsate.
It was the blanket claims that I found unreasonable, i.e. that all builds were known to be 100%legal', Brits were the sole victims and the JDA and even Spain itself was the chief villain.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
It dores seem, though, that this is the 'correct' way to proceed. I've thought all along that each case should be examined thoroughly, the facts ascertained and the responsible party 'punished'.
If as seems probable the Municipality is at fault for encouraging reckless building, they should be made to compendsate.
It was the blanket claims that I found unreasonable, i.e. that all builds were known to be 100%legal', Brits were the sole victims and the JDA and even Spain itself was the chief villain.
Absolutely - that was made very clear in that particular thread, wasn't it. And the judgement was clear in that it found the Ayuntamiento at particular fault, thereby clearing the way for a win against them.
The Ayuntamiento has agreed to provide accommodation to the Priors during ongoing legal action and to get them out of that garage - what they are currently disputing however is the type of accommodation. Apparently the Priors have requested iirc a 3-bedroom villa with pool - but the Ayuntamiento have refused this, saying they have an appartment available to them with sea views (or something like that). I would imagine for health reasons that Mr Prior would prefer the villa and also to go some way to compensating the property they have lost.
I agree with you on the blanket claims - but it could take years to go through each individual claim - on the other hand I don't ever see the full 11k (or however many judged illegal properties it was) ever being demolished.

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
I've tried hard to ignore this thread, altho I'm glad that the Priors may have some light at the end of their tunnel. I agree with you Mary, its the "blanket" illegal property issue that annoyed me too.

Jo xxx

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.