Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I have just posted our visa information marked for priority processing and I'm starting to get a little concerned that we may have made a slight mistake.

On the wordbridge website where we purchased the priority processing it says.

"Price: $300 USD for each visa application including dependants.

This service is available at the UK Border Agency in New York. This service is only available to applicants based in the United States.

Settlement priority service applications will be placed at the front of the queue once received by the UK Border Agency in New York, to commence processing ahead of other visa applications."

In the last paragraph it talks about being placed in the front of the queue when received in New York but I was under the impression that all settlement visas were processed in Sheffield.

Can somebody please clarify exactly how this system works and perhaps put my mind at ease a little?

·
Registered
924 Posts
Disregard - send to Sheffield

My wife and I have just posted our visa information marked for priority processing and I'm starting to get a little concerned that we may have made a slight mistake.

On the wordbridge website where we purchased the priority processing it says.

"Price: $300 USD for each visa application including dependants.

This service is available at the UK Border Agency in New York. This service is only available to applicants based in the United States.

Settlement priority service applications will be placed at the front of the queue once received by the UK Border Agency in New York, to commence processing ahead of other visa applications."

In the last paragraph it talks about being placed in the front of the queue when received in New York but I was under the impression that all settlement visas were processed in Sheffield.

Can somebody please clarify exactly how this system works and perhaps put my mind at ease a little?
The 2 websites haven't been corrected to match. All US settlement visas are now sent directly to Sheffield for processing. This is a good thing because it shortens the transit time and will speed up the processing. Don't forget to print off the receipt for priority processing and include it with your application packet.

Good luck!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We did print off that document but it said on the paperwork to mail directly to UKBA New York which is what we've done. Where does this leave us in terms of processing time in that case? :mad:

·
Registered
924 Posts
We did print off that document but it said on the paperwork to mail directly to UKBA New York which is what we've done. Where does this leave us in terms of processing time in that case? :mad:
Other people have made the same mistake and their packets were sent on to Sheffield. I don't know if this has changed recently, hopefully not.

Did you set up an online account with FedEx, DHL, or whomever for the shipping so you have the tracking numbers for both shipments (to the UKBA and from them to you for return)? If yes, you could check the tracking. If you didn't, or didn't arrange the return shipping, I'm not sure what you can do, other than wait and see. And that is a difficult thing to do at this point.

Good luck

·
Registered
1 Posts
I almost made the same mistake. I sent the online application in on Oct 1, biometrics on Oct 4, fedexed settlement priority on Oct 10, arrived Sheffeld office Oct 14, they responded over email this morning (Oct 15) that it was being processed, but unless I provided additional financial documents by Nov 4, it would be refused. I have the additional document, which stated that I held a pension account in my name prior to the previous 6 months. They asked me to scan and attach it to their email request. I did that late morning EST. I anticipate hearing back tomorrow morning.

The UKBA has been nothing but courteous, respectful (with please and thank you) and prompt. My UK based husband in contrast in trying to do the same (applying for US visa) has been treated with disrespect & contempt by the cold bitter USCIS. Playing God with peoples lives. It's embarrassing to be an American when you find out how our consulates and borders treat ordinary good ordinary citizens. They're supposed to be our closest allies.

Hoping to hear good news tomorrow morning from the friendly UKBA.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Other people have made the same mistake and their packets were sent on to Sheffield. I don't know if this has changed recently, hopefully not.

Did you set up an online account with FedEx, DHL, or whomever for the shipping so you have the tracking numbers for both shipments (to the UKBA and from them to you for return)? If yes, you could check the tracking. If you didn't, or didn't arrange the return shipping, I'm not sure what you can do, other than wait and see. And that is a difficult thing to do at this point.

Good luck
Thank you. :) Thankfully we do have a FedEx account set up and a tracking number so I guess it should be okay. I'm just frustrated having followed the instructions from the website and priority service document only to have things delayed. :(

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've also just read in another thread that the most recent financial document must be within 28 days of the application date. My most recent payslip was dated August 25th though I have also included bank statements upto the date of the application. The reason for the missing payslip is that I was in the US from September 22nd until October 7th for the wedding and took all my original slips with me but obviously I didn't have the one from September with me at the time.

·
Registered
924 Posts
I've also just read in another thread that the most recent financial document must be within 28 days of the application date. My most recent payslip was dated August 25th though I have also included bank statements upto the date of the application. The reason for the missing payslip is that I was in the US from September 22nd until October 7th for the wedding and took all my original slips with me but obviously I didn't have the one from September with me at the time.
You should have waited to apply until you could send the latest payslip. They don't allow any leeway on the financial documentation. Hopefully, they will be nice and ask for the missing document. Lately, they have been making an effort to do that, rather than just denying the visas as was the previous hardline approach. Did you have the payslips and bank statements signed and stamped for verification as well?

I had to wait to do my application until my husband returned to Scotland after our wedding and sent me his last payslip and another document. We paid priority and were very happy with a 10 business day turn around, once Sheffield had my packet.

Keeping :fingerscrossed: that yours will be handled well.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
You should have waited to apply until you could send the latest payslip. They don't allow any leeway on the financial documentation. Hopefully, they will be nice and ask for the missing document. Lately, they have been making an effort to do that, rather than just denying the visas as was the previous hardline approach. Did you have the payslips and bank statements signed and stamped for verification as well?

I had to wait to do my application until my husband returned to Scotland after our wedding and sent me his last payslip and another document. We paid priority and were very happy with a 10 business day turn around, once Sheffield had my packet.

Keeping :fingerscrossed: that yours will be handled well.
I had no idea until just reading part of a thread today that there was the 28 day requirement so I simply sent every payslip up until the most recent one I'd received. I flew back to the UK last week and my wife was sending the package from the US so I didn't have access to the September payslip. My most recent bank statement shows my salary payment into my account for that date however.

I also didn't have any idea that there was a requirement to sign the payslips or statement. They're all originals for the past 16 months with all the relevant details clearly visible in addition to my work contract, salary details and all my p60's for the past four years.

Is there any way to contact the UKBA to get clarification on this because I'm a little concerned now.

·
Registered
39,151 Posts
Original payslips and bank statements don't need to be stamped or authenticated, but your most recent payslip must be dated within 28days of your online application. So as things stand, you haven't sent all the required documents. There is nothing you can do except to wait, and hopefully Home Office will contact you and request them before deciding on your application.

·
Registered
834 Posts
No worries, it happened to me as well. The NY office will send your documents to UK as soon as they get your documents. I was panicking as well, but it worked out well, other then I got a refusal because of financial requirement :(

·
Registered
39,151 Posts
We don't know how long UKBA will keep transferring applications sent to NYC to Sheffield at their expense. Thy are quite entitled to send your packet back with a note stating you have to mail it yourself to UK.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We don't know how long UKBA will keep transferring applications sent to NYC to Sheffield at their expense. Thy are quite entitled to send your packet back with a note stating you have to mail it yourself to UK.
If that's what we need to do then I have no problem with that. I'm more concerned about the missing payslip at the moment and I guess that if we were to get the package back that would allow me to rectify that. I actually live an hour from Sheffield, is there no way that I would be able to simply deliver that one slip in person?

·
Super Moderator
18,089 Posts
If that's what we need to do then I have no problem with that. I'm more concerned about the missing payslip at the moment and I guess that if we were to get the package back that would allow me to rectify that. I actually live an hour from Sheffield, is there no way that I would be able to simply deliver that one slip in person?
No.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.