Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I need a little bit of help...
I have just applied for the unmarried partner settlement visa (eek) and have just paid and booked my appointment. I have heard about this 'priority service' which ensures yours gets looked at before others who have not paid the hefty 400 dollars ...
has anyone done this and is it worth it???????

also, where do i go to pay for it?

Any help would be magnificent!

·
Registered
97 Posts
100% worth it, i didn't do it, and god i wish i did, i am now on week 10 of waiting, and people who paid priority had theres sent back in 2-3 weeks, if i could do it again i would pay,

·
Registered
62 Posts
I also think if you have already paid your visa fee you can not go back and pay for priority
I don't think that's strictly true. You need to pay your visa fee with the online application and you can pay the priority afterwards as long as you do so before you mail your package of evidence to the UKBA. When you buy the priority service you print the receipt and add it to your package before posting.

·
Registered
62 Posts
that was just the advice i was given on here previously, just trying to find the thread
The Worldbridge site says that it's not advisable to purchase the priority service after you've mailed your documents as then you obviously can't include the receipt in the package. You mark your package clearly as priority and the receipt is proof of payment for that service hence the requirement to include it.

If you were to mail the package and then pay for priority the UKBA in Sheffield would then have to find your package and match it with the receipt later which would obviously lead to a delay. I can only speak for my own experience but we paid the fee online on the 8th or 9th of October and purchased the priority service on the 14th when we posted our package.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Here is something interesting. I bought my Settlement priority service a few days before my biometrics and the website said to purchase on the same day, so I sent an email asking about a refund and did not hear anything. So, after my biometrics I mailed my application to the British Consolate in NYC with the receipt for priority service. I just received an email from Worldbridge saying they are refunding my money. What should I do? Should I contact world bridge to ask to reverse the refund?

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Here is something interesting. I bought my Settlement priority service a few days before my biometrics and the website said to purchase on the same day, so I sent an email asking about a refund and did not hear anything. So, after my biometrics I mailed my application to the British Consolate in NYC with the receipt for priority service. I just received an email from Worldbridge saying they are refunding my money. What should I do? Should I contact world bridge to ask to reverse the refund?

Thanks for your help!
Is there any way of UKBA knowing you've had a refund?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Is there any way of UKBA knowing you've had a refund?
I don't know. If they check the reference number on the Worldbridge receipt maybe there is. I'm thinking I should wait and see if in the next few days I get an email saying they have opened my application?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.