Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!!!

so i am taking the final steps before submitting my supporting documents to the UKBA I have already filed out and submitted my application online. I would like to know though other peoples experience using the priority service. and also how do you pay for it? I havent been able to locate the link to get to it. lol. I know i have seen one before but cant find it now :confused2: so I am seriously considering the priority service just because 1) I cant take the waiting and 2) I really want to make my move April 30th. which yes i did put on my application. I have everything in order just wondering if its worth the $300, since I have also been keeping my eye on the time frames the UKBA keeps updating and it seems to be going up as the days pass. so. with that. please any ones experience and also if they recommend it. please post here LOL thank you in advance!!!

·
Registered
39,084 Posts
Hello all!!!

so i am taking the final steps before submitting my supporting documents to the UKBA I have already filed out and submitted my application online. I would like to know though other peoples experience using the priority service. and also how do you pay for it? I havent been able to locate the link to get to it. lol. I know i have seen one before but cant find it now :confused2: so I am seriously considering the priority service just because 1) I cant take the waiting and 2) I really want to make my move April 30th. which yes i did put on my application. I have everything in order just wondering if its worth the $300, since I have also been keeping my eye on the time frames the UKBA keeps updating and it seems to be going up as the days pass. so. with that. please any ones experience and also if they recommend it. please post here LOL thank you in advance!!!
Yes, it's now 8 days so priority service may be worth while.
Go to https://www.visainfoservices.com/pages/content.aspx?tag=Services_page and scroll down to Settlement Priority Service. After getting your biometrics, go online and pay for priority, and put the printed out receipt on top of your supporting documents and write on the outside of your package in large red letters 'Settlement Priority Service'. Ship your documents on the same day you pay for priority. You should then get fast-tracked when they receive your documents.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I believe one of the girls used a priority company called Worldbridge to send her application. It was 300.00 and she got her results in 48 hrs. Well I sent mine April 3, no word yet so priority might b ur best best if you want to leave that soon

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you guys veru much. So joppa I should pay for the service now and then send my stuff in a day or two? I should wait till im ready to send them is what your saying right?? Just double checking

·
Registered
39,084 Posts
Thank you guys veru much. So joppa I should pay for the service now and then send my stuff in a day or two? I should wait till im ready to send them is what your saying right?? Just double checking
No. You must pay for priority on the same day you send off your documents.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Joppa said:
No. You must pay for priority on the same day you send off your documents.
Ok awesome thank you! And just curious why is that?? Is it like an unwritten rule, common curtesy, or what??

·
Registered
39,084 Posts
Ok awesome thank you! And just curious why is that?? Is it like an unwritten rule, common curtesy, or what??
I don't know but that's the way it works! The important thing is when the NY visa hub receives your packet, it should immediately be recognisable from the outside (hence bold writing) as priority, so it can be picked up and put on top of the pile for processing.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Joppa said:
I don't know but that's the way it works! The important thing is when the NY visa hub receives your packet, it should immediately be recognisable from the outside (hence bold writing) as priority, so it can be picked up and put on top of the pile for processing.
Hmmm.. Ok. Thank you btw for so much help through out this whole process this forum is very helpful. And everyones answer to all the weird questions help everyone!!! I guess now its just time to hope and wait for the high UPS in the UKBA to approve my visa lol thanks again.

·
Super Moderator
18,065 Posts
I believe one of the girls used a priority company called Worldbridge to send her application. It was 300.00 and she got her results in 48 hrs. Well I sent mine April 3, no word yet so priority might b ur best best if you want to leave that soon
Worldbridge is not a priority company. It is the online company that is used to apply for UK visas from the US. One of the services they provide for an additional fee is a priority service.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I see. Ty. I didnt read into the info far enough to see that I cld of paid an extra 300.00 to have it done priority or I wld of done that lol. They sent an email to me on April 4th saying they opened the applications and prepared them in the order needed then the holiday and weekend came. At that time it was at 7 days processing time but it keeps moving up. Will my applications still go by the 7 days processing time?

·
Super Moderator
18,065 Posts
I see. Ty. I didnt read into the info far enough to see that I cld of paid an extra 300.00 to have it done priority or I wld of done that lol. They sent an email to me on April 4th saying they opened the applications and prepared them in the order needed then the holiday and weekend came. At that time it was at 7 days processing time but it keeps moving up. Will my applications still go by the 7 days processing time?
That's just an average processing time for informational purposes. It will depend on how complicated or straightforward your application is.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.