Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Moving from US to Australia

MODL is due to change very soon, so please keep a look on the skills lists as well.[/quote]

Hi there,

I see that you are originally from US. I am in the process of applying for a perm resi to Australia and also have a chance of moving in the next couple of months on a 457 visa.

If I move with to Australia it will be a perm move and wanted to check with you regarding life style differences between US and Australia. We have a 2.5 year old daughter and keen on understanding the schooling standards as well.

Thanks for your time!

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
It really depends on what you are seeking in AU.

I think it's a good place to bring up children and seems to be far away from the many troubles around the world. The economy is in much better shape than most places and the climate is excellent.

I do find the US does have cheaper housing and cheaper shopping, but here you get a better work-life balance and more vacation time.

I originally came over on a 457 and you'd need to give AU 1-2 yrs to really know if it was for you (the first year you'd feel negative due to all the changes).

MODL is due to change very soon, so please keep a look on the skills lists as well.
Hi there,

I see that you are originally from US. I am in the process of applying for a perm resi to Australia and also have a chance of moving in the next couple of months on a 457 visa.

If I move with to Australia it will be a perm move and wanted to check with you regarding life style differences between US and Australia. We have a 2.5 year old daughter and keen on understanding the schooling standards as well.

Thanks for your time![/QUOTE]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts