Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't seem to find any way to print the tax declaration that I'm doing on-line. There is no menu at the top of the forms for printing. Does anyone know how to print the forms so that I can proofread them before I actually do my taxes on-line?

Thanks

·
Administrator
49,106 Posts
Ah, yes - that's one of the issues I had with the online forms, too. Normally I do it the other way around - fill out the forms on paper and then use that to work the online forms for filing.

I'll be interested to see if anyone has found a way to print those off (other than using a screen shot approach - which is what I do to pull off the information about the pre-filled amounts and sources).
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
I assume the reason it's not printable before it's done is that no document is generated until you finalise it, so there's nothing to print, apart from screenshots as Bev says. But after you've completed it and submitted it you can bring it up and print it off to check, and then make amendments. Works for me. But I may have misunderstood what you're asking because I don't see how you can "proofread" something before you've done it.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Eurotrash, I have filled in all the lines, but really not sure I am doing it correctly. So I want to make a copy to check that all is correct before I submit it for signature. There are still little things I am not sure about and it is easier to have it in paper form so I can verify it.

Are you saying that after I submit the electronic signature, I can print it and then make revisions even though I have already signed the electronic form?

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
Eurotrash, I have filled in all the lines, but really not sure I am doing it correctly. So I want to make a copy to check that all is correct before I submit it for signature. There are still little things I am not sure about and it is easier to have it in paper form so I can verify it.

Are you saying that after I submit the electronic signature, I can print it and then make revisions even though I have already signed the electronic form?
Yes, don't be scared of signing and sending it, you can still modify and resubmit it as often as you like until the cut-off date. As I recall you get a pop up telling you that when you get to the signature stage. The system is designed to give you plenty of opportunity to make changes, it's very user friendly.

·
Administrator
49,106 Posts
Isn't there a summary page of some sort at the very end of the filing that lists what numbers you have put into which lines/boxes? Probably just before you get to the signature part. It's not that "forms" but just a grid that gives you the information you've put in.

They give you something similar in ClickImpots just before you e-file. Of course you have the "forms" to print off there, too - but between that and their "commentary" and "audit" there are something like 45 pages in total to print off, which is definitely overkill! (Having just printed stuff off for "review"twice now - and still finding odd little errors and adjustments that need to be made. ARRRRGH!)
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
Isn't there a summary page of some sort at the very end of the filing that lists what numbers you have put into which lines/boxes? Probably just before you get to the signature part. It's not that "forms" but just a grid that gives you the information you've put in.
Yes you could well be right.
I only fill in 3 forms - the main form, the pro income form which I think is a couple of pages, and the bank account form which is one page. After you've signed it all off you can see all the separate forms listed, and you can open and print them off individually. I don't need to print the bank accounts form because it doesn't change one year to the next, so for me it's literally only a few pages to print.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Eurotrash, I did see that notice at the end, but it was next to the signature space that says something like you can make corrections prior to signing. So I was a little concerned about signing and then making corrections.

Bev, I did see the summary at the end, and that's where I have problems because some things are listed twice.

And I thought I would get a figure on how much tax I would owe, but I got a message saying tax owed cannot be displayed and that I would know when I get my tax bill in September.

·
Administrator
49,106 Posts
Thanks Eurotrash, I did see that notice at the end, but it was next to the signature space that says something like you can make corrections prior to signing. So I was a little concerned about signing and then making corrections.

Bev, I did see the summary at the end, and that's where I have problems because some things are listed twice.

And I thought I would get a figure on how much tax I would owe, but I got a message saying tax owed cannot be displayed and that I would know when I get my tax bill in September.
Oh yeah, that's the "other" thing you have to get used to here. Lots of stuff winds up being listed twice - especially if you have foreign source income or certain types of investment income. (My husband's family investment in some sort of mutual wine-growers organization is notorious for having to be reported multiple places on the flipping forms!)

And no, I had thought they'd said that this year they'd give you an "estimate" of your tax liability on the Fisc filing site, but apparently they haven't managed to do that yet. Another thing I like about using preparation software is that they give you a projected avis d'imposition that I usually compare to what we ultimately get back from the Fisc in September. And inevitably there are some (minor) differences.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
I had thought they'd said that this year they'd give you an "estimate" of your tax liability on the Fisc filing site, but apparently they haven't managed to do that yet.
I got a message saying that on the basis of my declaration I was non-imposable.
Maybe it depends how complicated your affairs are.
But IIRC it also told me that my avis would be issued on 24 July - the date stuck, because I remember thinking "what a nice birthday present" :rolleyes:
So it looks like maybe you are processed differently according to your status or what forms you submit or something?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, I just decided to click signature and let them figure it out. Had trouble filling out form 2047 and left them an explanation about it. If I can ever print the declaration out, I will take it to my accountant and see if it was done correctly, since I have until June to make any corrections.

Thanks.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Success. I printed everything out. You go in your space, consulter and mes documents and it lists all the forms that you have sent and you can print them.

Thanks a lot Bev and Eurotrash for your help.

·
Administrator
49,106 Posts
Success. I printed everything out. You go in your space, consulter and mes documents and it lists all the forms that you have sent and you can print them.

Thanks a lot Bev and Eurotrash for your help.
Good to know! Thanks for sharing.

I always went through something similar with our "pro" forms doing taxes for the company. Ultimately, you can print them out - but figuring out exactly how was always a hassle. Fortunately, I have filed the last of our company taxes!
Cheers,
Bev

1 - 13 of 13 Posts