Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all,

I am a US citizen and my husband is a UK citizen. We are planning to live together in the UK. We have met all of the requirements and compiled over 8.5 lbs of supporting documents.

We were under the impression that everything had to be sent out immediately upon completing the online application form and paying for the Settlement Priority Service through WorldBridge.

Due to the weight of the documents, we decided to use USPS Priority Mail given the flat rate for International shipping. We spent quite a while gathering all the necessary documents, and preparing up until this point, but once we opted for and paid for the settlement priority service from WorldBridge, we admittedly rushed to get everything sent out the same day.

Because I included photocopies of everything we were using as supporting documents to our application in addition to the originals, I have become overly stressed and worried that I may have accidentally not included a signed copy of the printed online application form.

What should we do? Should we wait until we receive an e-mail that may or may not confirm my fears, or should I print another copy of the completed online application form and sign it and send it off with a cover letter and explanation?

It's frustrating and worrying because we had spent many months making sure we had everything we needed before applying; to only have the WorldBridge service put such an impetus on getting everything shipped out the same day.

I'm also worried that the FedEx return shipping label (which we were advised by a FedEx/Kinko's store employee) would suffice. Neither the FedEx employee nor the USPS representative had any clue what an International Waybill was, and the FedEx employee suggested signing up for a FedEx account and pre-paying for a shipping label that would adjust in price accordingly.

Thanks!

·
Registered
39,124 Posts
Don't worry about it. It's not a deal breaker, and in any case it's too late to do anything about it.
There was no need to rush. After biometrics, you have something like 1-2 months to send off your documents, so you could have waited until all your documents were in order, then bought priority and shipped the same day.

8.5lbs? Way too much! No application requires more than 1/2"-1" of documents. I suspect you included every bit of communication between you - all you needed were representative samples of each 6-month period of your relationship, and just the headings, dates and addresses of emails, not contents.

You did right by opening a FedEx account - that's what most people do.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't worry about it. It's not a deal breaker, and in any case it's too late to do anything about it.
There was no need to rush. After biometrics, you have something like 1-2 months to send off your documents, so you could have waited until all your documents were in order, then bought priority and shipped the same day.

8.5lbs? Way too much! No application requires more than 1/2"-1" of documents. I suspect you included every bit of communication between you - all you needed were representative samples of each 6-month period of your relationship, and just the headings, dates and addresses of emails, not contents.

You did right by opening a FedEx account - that's what most people do.
Thank you!

Aside from thinking I might have put an unsigned print-out of the application in with the original documents, everything else should be in order as we had amassed these papers over some time. We were advised by a hired solicitor to collect and supply said documents and photocopies of each item. =/

Anyhow, thank you for the response! I'm glad these forums exist, and wish I had found them sooner!

·
Registered
39,124 Posts
Again someone who is being advised by a professional seeking second opinion free of charge. It's not fair on us who give our services free. You should direct all queries to your lawyer or pay someone else for second opinion. At the very least, you could have said you were being guided professionally.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.