Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks. I have made the first steps in the long and scary emigration process. I have an agent to handle my visa application and I'm awaiting my IELTS exam. I'm currently living in Dundee, Scotland and work as a Primary Teacher. I'm hoping to go to Australia under a Skilled Independent Visa and continue to work as a primary teacher when I get there. My problem is that I have NO IDEA where to go! It really will depend on which state/city or town I am most likely to find work in. The stress of it all is crazy considering how early on in the process I am!

If anyone can offer advice on where to begin looking I'd be really grateful! Is it worth attending an expo to find out more?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Hi:

I would look at the Education dept. for each state where you would consider living. I am sure they have the info for new teachers who have come through migration. At some point you will be assessed by an education authority for your visa so that will be a good opportunity to learn about the process as well.

You may also wish to contact schools you would be interested in teaching at and see what their processes are.

Good luck :)

Hi folks. I have made the first steps in the long and scary emigration process. I have an agent to handle my visa application and I'm awaiting my IELTS exam. I'm currently living in Dundee, Scotland and work as a Primary Teacher. I'm hoping to go to Australia under a Skilled Independent Visa and continue to work as a primary teacher when I get there. My problem is that I have NO IDEA where to go! It really will depend on which state/city or town I am most likely to find work in. The stress of it all is crazy considering how early on in the process I am!

If anyone can offer advice on where to begin looking I'd be really grateful! Is it worth attending an expo to find out more?

Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Need Help with Primary Teacher moving to Australia

Hi All

I am new to this forum and is unaware of moving forward with the Australia PR steps for Primary Teacher with 4 years of experience in India.

Any way forward and direction would definitely help.

Regards
Rohit Sahni

·
Registered
24,521 Posts
Hi All

I am new to this forum and is unaware of moving forward with the Australia PR steps for Primary Teacher with 4 years of experience in India.

Any way forward and direction would definitely help.

Regards
Rohit Sahni
If you are seriously interested, go through this thread carefully and all the links given therein

https://www.expatforum.com/expats/a...-australia-what-you-need-know-read-first.html

You will have a much better understanding of the process to be followed and you can take an informed decision whether you stand a chance or not of getting an invite
If you don’t have a realistic chance, then no use spending time money and energy

Cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts