Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I am new to this forum so would really appreciate any advice.
We are planning to move to the Perpignan area and do plan to come over as soon as possible for the first official 'recee'. We have two children who will be aged 8 and 6 by then and wonder if anyone can give me some advice on primary schools. We would love to put them straight into a local school, but my daughter (8 yrs) struggles a little having missed a lot of schooling due to illness, so I don't want to have to throw her into a school which is very formal. Does anyone have any experience of schools which are used to having English speakers?

We would love to be near the coast and don't want to be in a city or large town either!

Thanks in advance,
Karen

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Karen,

I'm also looking to move to Perpignan soon and my daughter is 10 years old. Have you managed o find any schools as yet. Having lived in France myself as a child I would definately recommend you not to hold back on placing your child in a french school. Even if she has missed a lot due to illness, If the school think she isn't at the right level to move up a school year they will mak her double. By placing her in a french school she will pick up the language within months. I could get by in class, school and anywhere socialbly within 3 months, and due to my age I have a french accent too.

Hopefully when I arrive I will be looking to set up a little business to help out English children with their French and also tutor French children for their English exams.

If you need any advise I am prepared to help.

Kelly

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello Karen

We will be moving to Perignan in by end of 2012 with 2 boys age 8 and 9. Did you have any luck with schools? We live in America at present so this will be a big transition for my kids.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.