Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
San Fulgencio Cricket Club is very proud to announce that at last nights Pride of Spain Awards held at the Municipal Theatre in Torrevieja our very own Jon Algar won the Community Spirit Award, this Prestigious event now in it’s Third year was filmed by Viva TV and Broadcast Live on TKO Gold

Jon was incredibly proud to receive his Award as it meant recognition for the years that he has put in Coaching Cricket here on the Costa Blanca , I know Jon was especially pleased to beat Junior Charles in the Final as it is very difficult to beat Spains national sport in anything

Our Cricket Ground is situated right in the heart of the Urbanisation in La Marina and is progressing nicely thanks to the long hours put in by San Fulgencio Council and it should be ready for our first match on 10th October, to this end we still need Players as we fully intend to enter a Team in the League next season

Coaching is still taking place on the Market Place La Marina every Saturday commencing at 10.30 am till 12 or so, it is totally free and all equipment is provided so if you fancy a bit of fresh air or some coaching by a fully qualified Cricket Espana Coach come on down

There is no barrier regards Age or Sex as we have a Junior team and hope to have a Ladies team as well

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Jojo

I can understand why you have removed the contact details although you are the only one of 11 forums this thread is on
so if anyone wishes to contact our club to play cricket how do they phone Jon the coach?

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
Hi Jojo

I can understand why you have removed the contact details although you are the only one of 11 forums this thread is on
so if anyone wishes to contact our club to play cricket how do they phone Jon the coach?

Cos... well I dont like to see phone numbers making my forum look untidy???? Seriously there have been occasions of prank calls, so from what I can gather phone numbers and contact details shouldnt be put on here

If anyone wishes to make contact they can PM you!???

Jo xxxxx

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
He has openly admitted to spamming numerous forums Jo.....perhaps a banning may be in order here? :)

Very true, technically I should delete the whole thread then, but cos its him and cos I've had some other contentious issues today I'll let it stay! However, I cannot be held responsible for my co mods!!??

Jo xxxxxxxxx

·
Banned
2,426 Posts
GOOD LUCK, Bob

I was involved in setting up the (then named) Torrevieja Cricket Club in 2002 with David B, Alan J, George W, the late Brian B

Wish you every success

·
Registered
5,690 Posts
Ahhhhh, another cricket thread Bob .......... I'm feeling drowsy already ........ zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

San Fulgencio Cricket Club is very proud to announce that at last nights Pride of Spain Awards held at the Municipal Theatre in Torrevieja our very own Jon Algar won the Community Spirit Award, this Prestigious event now in it’s Third year was filmed by Viva TV and Broadcast Live on TKO Gold

Jon was incredibly proud to receive his Award as it meant recognition for the years that he has put in Coaching Cricket here on the Costa Blanca , I know Jon was especially pleased to beat Junior Charles in the Final as it is very difficult to beat Spains national sport in anything

Our Cricket Ground is situated right in the heart of the Urbanisation in La Marina and is progressing nicely thanks to the long hours put in by San Fulgencio Council and it should be ready for our first match on 10th October, to this end we still need Players as we fully intend to enter a Team in the League next season

Coaching is still taking place on the Market Place La Marina every Saturday commencing at 10.30 am till 12 or so, it is totally free and all equipment is provided so if you fancy a bit of fresh air or some coaching by a fully qualified Cricket Espana Coach come on down

There is no barrier regards Age or Sex as we have a Junior team and hope to have a Ladies team as well

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cos... well I dont like to see phone numbers making my forum look untidy???? Seriously there have been occasions of prank calls, so from what I can gather phone numbers and contact details shouldnt be put on here

If anyone wishes to make contact they can PM you!???

Jo xxxxx
I suppose they could and I don't want to make a big thing out of something trivial but everyone has different jobs to do
mine is getting the word out on internet forums and skippering the seniors team

Jon is coaching and dealing with any new prospective players which he has been doing for 3 years already, I have only been around since January

Another Guy called Walt does all press and media liaison

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
I suppose they could and I don't want to make a big thing out of something trivial but everyone has different jobs to do
mine is getting the word out on internet forums and skippering the seniors team

Jon is coaching and dealing with any new prospective players which he has been doing for 3 years already, I have only been around since January

Another Guy called Walt does all press and media liaison
Put it this way, and I could be wrong, it wouldnt be the first time LOL. But the way I see it is without contact info, this is an announcement and within the rules it can stay here????? With contact details on and a request for people to phone or whatever, it becomes an advert!??????? For which you must be a premium account holder AND it would have to be put into the "Spain Classified " section!!!!!

Jo xx

·
Registered
5,690 Posts
I reckon something like this could be a good interest for you Jon.....after all, you'd be surrounded by other doddering Brit saddos!

Not a problem if you're no good at cricket......maybe they need a waterboy
I'll have you know I used to play cricket for the Customs & Excise in Birmingham! I have no idea why. If I tried to explain cricket to my (Spanish) neighbour he would no doubt be very confused

·
Registered
626 Posts
I'll have you know I used to play cricket for the Customs & Excise in Birmingham! I have no idea why. If I tried to explain cricket to my (Spanish) neighbour he would no doubt be very confused
customs n excise AGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

BAN HIM JO NOW :D
CAN I HAVE MY **** BACK FIRST THOUGH PLEASE :rolleyes:

·
Registered
626 Posts
GOOD LUCK, Bob

I was involved in setting up the (then named) Torrevieja Cricket Club in 2002 with David B, Alan J, George W, the late Brian B

Wish you every success
U DONT HAPPEN TO NO GOD DO YOU ?
IM SHOCKED IF U DON'T
MAYBE U WAS INVOLVED IN SETTING THE UNIVERSE UP ! :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.