Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to get everything priced up so I have enough in my bank for that day in a few months.

I have currently:

NHS Surcharge: $200.00
Visa Fee: $1491.00
Priority Fee for USA: $561.00

Are these the only fees?
I am wondering because when I finish the application online, they will call me for a biometric appointment and I am wondering if that is included in the visa fee or if that is another price.

**Also for the surcharge, that is for my fiance visa. I see that is new. When I get my next visa after marriage, do I have to pay the surcharge again, or is it a yearly thing and I pay it next September etc?

** Can I do a mock-online application to see everything? I am afraid to click further in it just now for obvious reasons. Please also refer any prices you think add to this list that I am missing.

Please and thank you.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, this is random but concerning me so I need to ask if OK; I saw on the "Post your UK timeline here" page that people are listing an "online or offline application". I don't think we get a choice? I thought you had to post online, pay the fee, then post your documents in the mail.

I planned on doing the online bit first, since I have to get my biometrics done and also wait a few days for a document to arrive to me anyway (bank statement of that day from fiance's bank) and send the proof of our relationship and all those papers off with the receipts a few days later. Is this not OK?

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have noticed my error, the NHS charge is 600 for the first fee, not 200, thats every time afterwards. The question still stands, do I pay it yearly or when I do the new visa right after marriage?

Sorry about that, I wish I could edit my original comment. (also I know its pounds not dollars, silly mistake, sorry about that too )

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Reactions: aicha17

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes I saw that in the thread I posted above! :)
Exciting news. It really did fix some of the questions I was having.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.