Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I am just wondering how much a packet of ciggies would cost in the UK right now (today?), I remember it being around 7.50 for 20 cigs back in 2011 when I left the UK. I am just writing my blog and I need this info. Anyone knows? I think it might be nearing 10 euros a packet now!? i.e. Marlboro red or lights?

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
****, as I recall, had a quite different meaning in the public school system. I had no idea you could buy a packet of them....

·
Banned
1,832 Posts
****, as I recall, had a quite different meaning in the public school system. I had no idea you could buy a packet of them....
Indeed you can, in fact you could buy any number if you stood outside of T.H o Parliament for a spell. ;)

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
Hello! I am just wondering how much a packet of ciggies would cost in the UK right now (today?), I remember it being around 7.50 for 20 cigs back in 2011 when I left the UK. I am just writing my blog and I need this info. Anyone knows? I think it might be nearing 10 euros a packet now!? i.e. Marlboro red or lights?
A week or so ago, eight or nine pounds sterling.

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
The cheapest at the moment are Rothmans and PallMall - £5.99 for a packet of 19 (crafty eh?) B&H and the others are in the region of £7 - £8, most are around £7.50!!!!!!!! (Prices from Cooperative food)

Jo xxx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts