Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping to get a black and white answer but I know it's not usually the case! Here's my situation:

1. Currently, I have a UK spouse visa
2. Going through a divorce
3. Moving back to America to sort life out
4. Current spouse visa expires April 2019 (this is the 2nd spouse visa, first granted in December 2013 and have lived in the UK the whole time)

I really don't want to leave the UK but I understand that the nature of my visa and situation means I have to. I don't have any children/dependents in the UK or any other reason for getting compassion leave to remain (or whatever it's called).

So - how can I move back to the UK and carry on with my life? I work full time but remotely from a US employer so I can work anywhere. I would not want to find a new job and get a work sponsor. Is it possible to come back and live?

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
In your situation, without compassionate or mitigating circumstances (such as your home is in Syria), you will need to qualify for a visa in your own right. Perhaps your employer can sponsor you for Tier 2 General visa?

·
Banned
69 Posts
Why would you want to stay here? The weathers terrible, everythings so expensive and the women walk around looking like theyve stepped in something.
The only good thing Britain has going for it is Brexit and it looks like the government is going to **** that up!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.