Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Dear Forum Members,

I have an issue with my previous company referral letter ("R-n-R" Letter) where I submitted on a notarised Stamp paper instead of a company letter head. The person to whom I was reporting to and mentioned as a reference has gone to the US now on a long term project. I heard (from other threads) that in 70% cases those who give referral letters on a Non-Judicial Stamp paper other than on the Company Letter Head will be called in to verify the Employment Claims. I checked his Mobile number mentioned on the "R-n-R" letter and is obviously not working now. No idea whether he would check his Personal mails if contacted by verification agencies or DIBP. (I can even suggest him on an Email though...But again I think there may be no no guarantee he would check his Mails and I feel it is too Time Consuming).

Any suggestions you can give to manage this situation? (I am already thinking of approaching the previous company HR now to get my R-n-R issued on the Company issued letter head. If I now submit a fresh notarised "R-n-R" letter in this fashion, will DIBP accept it under change of circumstances? Let me know your thoughts.

Please Note: Previously I did not attempt to get the "R-n-R" Letter on the Company Letter Head as I worked there for a duration of only 6 Months and I thought a notarised letter from the reporting Lead would suffice.

regards,
Rajnath

Reactions: shawshank.kodi

·
Registered
1,575 Posts

I have an issue with my previous company referral letter ("R-n-R" Letter) where I submitted on a notarised Stamp paper instead of a company letter head. The person to whom I was reporting to and mentioned as a reference has gone to the US now on a long term project. I heard (from other threads) that in 70% cases those who give referral letters on a Non-Judicial Stamp paper other than on the Company Letter Head will be called in to verify the Employment Claims. I checked his Mobile number mentioned on the "R-n-R" letter and is obviously not working now. No idea whether he would check his Personal mails if contacted by verification agencies or DIBP. (I can even suggest him on an Email though...But again as I said there is no guarantee and Time Consuming).

Any suggestions you can give to manage this situation? (I am already thinking of approaching the previous company now to get my R-n-R issued on a letter head. If I now submit a fresh notarised "R-n-R" letter in this fashion, will DIBP accept it under change of circumstances? Let me know your thoughts.

Please Note: Previously I did not attempt to get the "R-n-R" Letter on the Company Letter Head as I worked there for a duration of only 6 Months and I thought a notarised letter from the reporting Lead would suffice.

regards,
Rajnath
Getting the letter re-issued on company letter head with the same text as submitted earlier will be a good idea. Once you get it use the "Update us" button in immiaccount and let DIBP know the latest status. If you can't get the letter head from company then share the employer contact details (HR number, manager number) etc with DIBP so that they can use that. Also, update them about the colleague who issued earlier RnR as moved to another country. Don't worry they'll understand as its a genuine case

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Sharma,

Yes I have the same thought in Mind. But I thought it would be prudent to take advise from other Forum members on this. Thanks very much for the suggestion. :)

regards,
Rajnath

·
Registered
53 Posts

I have an issue with my previous company referral letter ("R-n-R" Letter) where I submitted on a notarised Stamp paper instead of a company letter head. The person to whom I was reporting to and mentioned as a reference has gone to the US now on a long term project. I heard (from other threads) that in 70% cases those who give referral letters on a Non-Judicial Stamp paper other than on the Company Letter Head will be called in to verify the Employment Claims. I checked his Mobile number mentioned on the "R-n-R" letter and is obviously not working now. No idea whether he would check his Personal mails if contacted by verification agencies or DIBP. (I can even suggest him on an Email though...But again I think there may be no no guarantee he would check his Mails and I feel it is too Time Consuming).

Any suggestions you can give to manage this situation? (I am already thinking of approaching the previous company HR now to get my R-n-R issued on the Company issued letter head. If I now submit a fresh notarised "R-n-R" letter in this fashion, will DIBP accept it under change of circumstances? Let me know your thoughts.

regards,
Rajnath
Hi Rajnath,
Congratulations!!

So did you finally managed to get the ACS done with the notarised letter from the reporting Lead or you submitted letter the experience letter on company letter head signed by HR?

Please let me know.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts