Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In 2009 and 2010 I was the holder of a 457 visa working in Aus for 2 years. Then I decided to leave my current career and travel the world for a year. So my previous 457 was terminated.

Now I'll soon be applying for another 457 with a different company.

Question: Will my new application case officer have access to my previous health and police checks? Will that help lubricate my application or will I have to get health and character checks again?

anyone with such experience on their second (or 3rd) 457 application? I'm assuming the same situation would include current 457 holders who are applying for PR.

·
Registered
92 Posts
In 2009 and 2010 I was the holder of a 457 visa working in Aus for 2 years. Then I decided to leave my current career and travel the world for a year. So my previous 457 was terminated.

Question: Will my new application case officer have access to my previous health and police checks? Will that help lubricate my application or will I have to get health and character checks again?

anyone with such experience on their second (or 3rd) 457 application? I'm assuming the same situation would include current 457 holders who are applying for PR.
Hi there. I would imagine that even if the case officer does have access to old records they will STILL want you to do the whole lot again. From a logical point of view (especially travelling the globe) they will want to ensure that you have not contracted any dreaded disease (or got yourself locked-up for something !!!).

Good luck with all the hassles. Get going with what you can in the interim.

Regards,
J.

·
Registered
8 Posts

If you need medicals then you would need to do them again because they only last 12 months. But 457 applicants don't always need them I thought.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts