Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I'll be moving to Madrid for work in the autumn, and am looking to take intensive Business Spanish courses (small classes or private). I would like to know if anyone has insight into which institution would be considered the most "prestigious" among executives, not only to (hopefully) ensure the best teaching but also have the most social recognition among locals.

A somewhat random question, I'm sure, but fairly important for the line of work I am in. :fingerscrossed:

Thanks!

Avery

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hello, I think you don't need to worry about prestige for the following reason: European language levels are standardized as far as I know. You get tested for each level, they are called A1, A2, B1, B2, C1, C2...with the C ones being higher.

So what you want is to get to the highest level you can and that should speak for itself.

Edited to add: Just as France has the Alliance Francaise, and Germany the Goethe Institute, I believe the Spain equivalent is the Cervantes Institute. So to me that would be the most prestigious one.

·
Registered
19,394 Posts
The official exams in Spain for Spanish are the DELE (Diploma de Español como Lengua Extranjera) and the Cervantes Instutute prepares you for these exams, but I agree that you don't necessarily need to go there.
The Chamber of Commerce also has Spanish language courses more orientated to business, but I'm not sure if they have low levels.
Centro de Formación - Cámara de Madrid
Remember that an exam course rarely trains you for normal everyday street/ office talk...
Other places to try are Tandem
https://www.tandemmadrid.com/
AIL
AIL Madrid - the top Spanish Language School in Spain
both of which are certified by Cervantes
and International House
Spanish courses – International House Spain

1 - 4 of 4 Posts