Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sat, 25/02/2012 - 20:04,

Salfists' parties and organizations are facing severe division amongst them, the reason for those divisions is that the Salfists' parties leaders have not announced their support to Hazem Abu Ismael for presidency.

Doctor Khaled Said, Salfi Front's spokesman, said that "the period ahead is going to be the most dangerous on Islamism and the Islamic parties, cause of their failure to agree on a single Islamic candidate", expecting angry reactions from the Islamic bases, stressing that this period will not pass quietly if the Salfi Sheikhs keep ignoring Abu Ismael and went to support another candidate.

Said confirmed to Al Masry Al Youm, "There is a triangle of danger on the revolution, SCAF, some of the Islamic parties that allied with SCAF, and article 28 of the constitutional declaration, which will lead to elections' fraud", pointing that the Legitimacy Committee of Reforming and Rights (Something like an Islamic Parliament) will be holding a meeting this Monday to choose which candidate to support in the presidential elections.

He added that some of the Salfi leaders are mentioning Doctor Basim Khafagy's name, just to see what will be the Salfi youths' reactions towards presidential candidates other than Abu Ismael.

On the same topic, Al Asala Salafi party's members, are splitting on supporting Abu Ismael, a Salafi leader that preferred to be anonymous, said that Ahmed Shafeeq has asked Al Nour party (Salfists) to support his campaign, in return, he'd agree on all of the Salafists' demands, including applying and activating the Islamic Shariaa, confirming that Shafeeq is not the first presidential candidate that promises to apply and activate the Islamic Shariaa, most of the presidential candidates that asked for Al Nour's support promised the same thing.

He confirmed that the Salafists will control the elections, because of the Mosques that they have in every spot, he also confirmed that the presidential elections will be going the same exact way that the Constitutional referendum in March's 19th, and that all the presidential candidates are aware that the next president will be decided by the Salafists, that's why they're all making concessions for us (The Salafists).
Translated from the Arabic Al Masry Al Youm, ????? ????: ?????? ?????? «?? ??????» ??????????? ????? ??? ????? «??????? ????» | ?????? ?????? ????? ????? ?? ???

Angry reactions if Abu Ismael wasn't supported, and it will be the same way the referendum back in March went.......Democracy is BRILLIANT :clap2: :D

Sorry for any translation errors!

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Mon, 27/02/2012 - 11:23,

Presidential hopeful Ahmed Shafiq launched a verbal attack on former presidential hopeful Mohamed ElBaradei to nominate himself for presidency so "everyone would see the election results."

In an interview on privately owned channel CBC Sunday, Shafiq criticised ElBaradei, who has said he considers Shafiq a former regime figure and his nomination as against the revolution. ElBaradei earlier withdrew his presidential bid, blaming the military council's handling of the transition period.

Shafiq described his own history as "patriotic" and therefore better than ElBaradei's. He implied that during ElBaradei's tenure as atomic energy chief for the United Nations, he contributed to the problems in Iraq since the US war began in 2003.

Shafiq also warned ElBaradei against making any offensive retorts, saying his "punishment will be severe."

In the interview, Shafiq also expressed respect for the Salafi political movement but denied receiving any support from Salafi parties, saying he hadn't asked for their support and that he would refuse any future offers from them.

Shafiq refused to evaluate the ruling military council's performance, saying it had faced difficult circumstances in addition to not having enough information. However, he criticized the council’s schedule that put parliamentary elections ahead of writing a new constitution.

Shafiq expressed support for the armed forces' economic activities, which he said help achieve self-sufficiency while also paying taxes.

He said the armed forces budget, currently confidential, should have oversight, but should only be made available to a limited number of government and parliamentary officials.
Shafiq attacks ElBaradei, denies Salafi support | Egypt Independent

Shafeeq.........The arrogant childish Mubarak's colleague that almost cried in his last television interview as a PM for presidency :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Shafeeq.........The arrogant childish Mubarak's colleague that almost cried in his last television interview as a PM for presidency :rolleyes:
I used to like Al Aswany before "that interview", since then he's my Egyptian super hero :clap2: Shafiq really lost it that night :D

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I used to like Al Aswany before "that interview", since then he's my Egyptian super hero :clap2: Shafiq really lost it that night :D
He didn't just lose it.............I think he was just shocked that someone actually knew too much about him.........And being a Mubarak colleague......I think he was too used to everyone showing "respect" and obedience :spit:

Aswany, Fouda, Baradie, and a few others, are people that give me a lil "hope" for what's left of the country.......

1 - 4 of 4 Posts