Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I really do not see how this is sad at all?

For someone to take off both his/her shoes and throw it at someone else, to me, it shows some kind of degrading opinion of the person whom is to be bombarded by the thrown pair of shoes :p

-Joey

·
Registered
147 Posts
It sad because when president bush first time land to Iraq he was welcome, because they thought he will bring peace. And now they don’t believe what he say.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It sad because when president bush first time land to Iraq he was welcome, because they thought he will bring peace. And now they don’t believe what he say.
It's Bush's 4th visit to Iraq as president. Also if you noticed the decoration of the room where he was giving the interview, it's either under ground or somewhere super secretive.

-Joey

·
Banned
673 Posts

hahahha, bush has good reaction.

·
Registered
5,195 Posts
good reflexes for an old man like him.

if i ever come across him, i will throw him not only one but my two shoes, high heels, very pointy. oh and also my handbag. with some stones in it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Rather fascinating how the Iraqis seem to have, what I can only hope to be, a healthy shoe-fetish!? Remember the toppled bronze statue of Saddam on the BBC -or- countless other occasions when Iraqis are depicted shoe-in-hand and jumping (in Kris-Kross-eque manner) in anger or pleasure!?

Disappointingly, for those of us who find ourselves perhaps being partial to a bit of Shoe, the Iraqi version of this particular fetishism seems only to be directed toward male shoes or Espadrillos, and the practice is primarily observed to take place between males; among groups of males (in unison or canon), and indeed, between males and effigies... (???)

·
Registered
123 Posts
I personally liked his quote after "why should I mind? at least now he has the freedom to throw a shoe" All that money just to throw a shoe. he could have hired a drag queen anywhere in the good ole USA to do that. And then he threw a second shoe. Does anyone wonder if the secret service guys were all distracted in chat rooms on their blackberries.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Here's an update taken from the Gulf News

Libyan group gives shoe-throwing reporter award
Agencies
Published: December 15, 2008, 19:56

Tripoli: The Iraqi journalist who threw his shoes at US President George W. Bush was given a bravery award on Monday by a Libyan charity group chaired by leader Muammar Gaddafi's daughter.

The charity group Wa Attassimou also urged the Iraqi government to release television reporter Muntazer Al Zaidi after he was detained on Sunday for hurling footwear at Bush and calling the president a "dog" - both severe insults in the Middle East.

"Waatassimou group has taken the decision to give Muntazer Al Zaidi the courage award...because what he did represents a victory for human rights across the world," the group, headed by Aicha Gaddafi, said in a statement.

The group said the Iraqi authorities should honour the journalist for his actions.

Aicha, a lawyer by training, was fiercely opposed to the US invasion of Iraq. She offered to defend Saddam Hussain after his capture by US forces from an underground hideout at the end of 2003.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.