Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please can someone tell me how they presented their originals of travel information for fiancé/ spouse/ partner visa application? I am the sponsor.

I have sixteen travel instances from the past just under four years of between three days to two and a half months and I am unsure how best to compile this evidence to best suit the ECO. For every trip I have a visa in my passport which is not in English. I have boarding passes and/ or email confirmation of all but two of the trips (the visa confirms travel though).

I have put together a summary list of travel dates with the corresponding visa page number and duration of each stay with the evidence for each trip for my own reference - should I include this in the application?

Do I include my previous passport in the application as evidence, or can I scan in and print out the visa stamps with the accompanying boarding pass on the same scan? For boarding passes, should they just be bundled together in a clear wallet for application?

The copy pile is going to be much more streamlined than the originals because things can be scanned in together and will be easy to present in chronological order; I am most concerned about how to present the originals.

I want to include enough evidence to satisfy the ECO but not too much that they have to wade through - which is the right balance here please? Thank you to anyone who can help with this query.

·
Registered
171 Posts
E-ticket receipts or boarding passes will be sufficient evidence of travel, but the boarding passes should be original copies if you have them. A clear wallet for the boarding passes is a fine idea. I did include a page with a list of our visits myself, and had a successful visa application.

With the exception of a notarised copy of the bio pages in your (sponsor's) passport, all documents should be original documents. Photocopies or certified copies should only be presented in addition to the originals so they can hold onto the copies for reference while the originals are sent back to you.

·
Super Moderator
18,059 Posts
As the applicant you need to include your current and all previous passports not copies. You only need a plain photo copy of the bio pages of your sponsor's passport. It does not need to be certified or notarised.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Please can someone tell me how they presented their originals of travel information for fiancé/ spouse/ partner visa application? I am the sponsor.

I have sixteen travel instances from the past just under four years of between three days to two and a half months and I am unsure how best to compile this evidence to best suit the ECO. For every trip I have a visa in my passport which is not in English. I have boarding passes and/ or email confirmation of all but two of the trips (the visa confirms travel though).

I have put together a summary list of travel dates with the corresponding visa page number and duration of each stay with the evidence for each trip for my own reference - should I include this in the application?

Do I include my previous passport in the application as evidence, or can I scan in and print out the visa stamps with the accompanying boarding pass on the same scan? For boarding passes, should they just be bundled together in a clear wallet for application?

The copy pile is going to be much more streamlined than the originals because things can be scanned in together and will be easy to present in chronological order; I am most concerned about how to present the originals.

I want to include enough evidence to satisfy the ECO but not too much that they have to wade through - which is the right balance here please? Thank you to anyone who can help with this query.
Keep everything in a clear and concise chronological order.

Summary of visits and meetings
As Sponsor I sent relevant copies of Passport and visa's allied, in my case to hotel bookings/receipts. My visa's were not in English but copied as recommended.
Remember a full and accurate record is essential but not overbearing paperwork-wise.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Keep everything in a clear and concise chronological order.

Summary of visits and meetings
As Sponsor I sent relevant copies of Passport and visa's allied, in my case to hotel bookings/receipts. My visa's were not in English but copied as recommended.
Remember a full and accurate record is essential but not overbearing paperwork-wise.
It is keeping everything in chronological order with the original boarding passes that I am concerned about as they are small little bits of card! I will print off the email confirmation of all but two of the trips (I can't find the confirmation for some reason) and put them in order and I will put the original boarding passes in chronological order in the clear wallet with the date notated on the back (they have things like "06 September" but not the year on the front).

Is it ok to scan the boarding passes all in together over a couple of A4 pages and notate which trip they correspond to underneath them for the copies pile?

I made a note of me being sponsor as I don't want to submit my previous passport with the application, however it has over half of the visa stamps in, so I was wondering if I should put it in there anyway or if copies of the pages with visas will be ok?

No hotel receipts for me, my fiancé has his own apartment so there is only the flight records and photographs of us together. Will it be an issue that I can't find details for two of the flights? The visa stamp in my passport confirms travel but is not in English.

Thanks so much for your help!

·
Registered
39,068 Posts
Just use eticket receipts for evidence of travel without bothering with boarding passes.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just use eticket receipts for evidence of travel without bothering with boarding passes.
That's great to hear! Thank you for the advice. What should I do about the two trips that I don't have email confirmation for but the visas are in my passport? Should I include a note to explain?

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
That's great to hear! Thank you for the advice. What should I do about the two trips that I don't have email confirmation for but the visas are in my passport? Should I include a note to explain?
Make a good scan copy of the relevant visa and Passport Control stamp in your passport.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.