Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Mates,

Im new to this forum. I am preparing for applying for Australian PR. Now collecting documents for ACS Assesment.

1) I have 7.5 years experience working as server administrator. My job involves providing technical support to Linux and WIndows servers remotely using helpdesk. Could anybody let me know what would be the skills code Id have to apply for?

2) What visa I could apply for?

3) What are the chances of getting a visa for my skills.

4) What is the expected time for ACS and after that applying for visa how much time is required for granting visa currently.

5) Do I stand a chance to get a 489 in any location for my profession? What do I have to do if i need to get in Adelaide, perth, brisbane?

:)
Your advice on this would be a great help for me

Thanks.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Hi Mates,

Im new to this forum. I am preparing for applying for Australian PR. Now collecting documents for ACS Assesment.

1) I have 7.5 years experience working as server administrator. My job involves providing technical support to Linux and WIndows servers remotely using helpdesk. Could anybody let me know what would be the skills code Id have to apply for?

2) What visa I could apply for?

3) What are the chances of getting a visa for my skills.

4) What is the expected time for ACS and after that applying for visa how much time is required for granting visa currently.

5) Do I stand a chance to get a 489 in any location for my profession? What do I have to do if i need to get in Adelaide, perth, brisbane?

:)
Your advice on this would be a great help for me

Thanks.
Suggest you to go through the forum a little more deep, to find more answers on the questions you raised and also the enclosed document to confirm the code fit for your profile.

Attachments

·
Registered
579 Posts
Thanks very much ravi, looks like ill need to apply for systems administrator.
Good for you, but would also recommend you look into the state websites to see which code is available for a 189/190, in addition to the systems administrator. Also check the document I provided (downloaded from the ACS website) which can give you the list of duties which you need to match for getting the assessment done.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Its not about the ease, basically the options of applying for a PR.

189 is a General Skilled Migration (GSM) giving you rights to work anywhere in australia, while 190 is a similar one but you would have to get nominated by a state/territory and there are some moral obligations on the 190 that you have to live and work in the nominating state for atleast 2 years.

More details can be found on the DIBP website or if you search through this forum which also has loads of information.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Its not about the ease, basically the options of applying for a PR.

189 is a General Skilled Migration (GSM) giving you rights to work anywhere in australia, while 190 is a similar one but you would have to get nominated by a state/territory and there are some moral obligations on the 190 that you have to live and work in the nominating state for atleast 2 years.

More details can be found on the DIBP website or if you search through this forum which also has loads of information.
Ravi,
I have 3 years experience in networking field(India). If I go for assessment, is there anything that will deduct the 5 pts?

Glad if you could help

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts