Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If i would like to book the 19 September 2015,when is this date going to be available on the system.

Is it possible to go through the steps,pay for IHS then save my application until this date is available.

My 1st FLR(m) expires on the 2nd October 2015,i chose this date so i can get all my documents under 28 days,as my bank statements for example get sent to me between 11th and 16th every month.

My last payslip will be the 24th august,so that's 26 days on the 19th September.

My wife's payslip will be on the 31 august.

Thank you.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
That date will become available as of 8/8/15 (may vary a couple of days since it is a Saturday).

The application is a print and fill out by hand, you can do it anytime. You can also pay the IHS fee any time now, then include your receipt and the payment number with your application.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Salix,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I already printed the FLR(m) application form 04/2015 and filled it.

What i meant by the application is when i am booking the appointment,so i save and look for dates in other times.

I am asking about the IHS because some people in the forum were complaining that now you have to pay when you are booking the appointment,a lot of people booked IHS separately and they had issues.This change is very recent i think.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Yes JiJi... you are correct. You have to pay & book through the same portal.

In terms of your first question. I believe you can do that. Pay for the IHS, and then not proceed to book the actual appointment until the date is available.

But if you can, why not just wait til nearer the time and do it all the same day or same week???

·
Registered
494 Posts
My husband's spouse visa expires on 18th September (having arrived in the UK on 18th March 2013), so this morning we booked an appointment at Glasgow PSC for Friday 21st August (= 28 days prior).

You can book an appointment and change it (by logging back in to your account) any time up to five days prior to your appointment without incurring any penalty/surcharge. (I know this because my husband initially booked an appointment on Tuesday 18th August by mistake, so we had to log back in to change it!)

One thing you must remember to do: print out your application's 'payment sheet' (the system will prompt you) - this acts as an official receipt for both your payments (£1049 visa/premium fee + £500 IHS fee), and both reference numbers are printed on it. You need to take this sheet with you on the day, otherwise they will refuse to serve you.

ETA: they ask you to state a (up to 6-week) period which you would like to search for an appoinment, which makes it easy. In our case, ALL appointments were still available on both days we booked at Glasgow PSC.

teuchter

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I noticed also that when you are at your account to book an appointment,when its time to pay for IHS,they take you to another website to pay,do you get back to your account once it has been paid ?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Yupp....teuchter is correct. You can amend bookings with 5 days notice.

Tbh Jiji... I believe this is correct. But in the same window. Not an additional window.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I noticed also that when you are at your account to book an appointment,when its time to pay for IHS,they take you to another website to pay,do you get back to your account once it has been paid ?
Yes, it will automatically redirect you back to your account page once the payment has gone through. You will also receive email confirmations for both payments.

teuchter

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.