Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi

the soonest day to apply for my flr m visa is 25 february im just trying to find out when can i go ahead and pay for it online , im planing to use premium service.
i saw it somewher it say i can do it 45 days in advance not sure if its right ?
so if the soonest day to apply for my flr m 25 feburary. that means the soonest day to pay for it online is 11 janurary. thats 45 days in advance

can some one correct me if im wrong pls

·
Registered
9 Posts
You can book the premium service appointment 45 days in advance but the appointment can only be up to 28 days before your current leave to remain expires. It's £590 extra though on top of the £993 fee for FLR(M) and the £500 NHS charge!

·
Registered
528 Posts
You can book the premium service appointment 45 days in advance but the appointment can only be up to 28 days before your current leave to remain expires. It's £590 extra though on top of the £993 fee for FLR(M) and the £500 NHS charge!
Hi thehazards, I've not read anything on this forum that the appointment can only be 28 days before visa expires. Can you direct me Please? Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,202 Posts
Reactions: ithinkin

·
Registered
528 Posts
Thanks WestCoast.
But, 'the appointment can only be up to 28 days before your current leave to remain expires'. Or can it be more than 28 days prior? I'm planning on arranging premium appointment before the 28 days of visa expiry.

·
Super Moderator
5,202 Posts
You can only apply 28 days before the end of your visa, this includes attending Premium Appointments.

They are strict about the 28 days bit... when I applied for ILR 3 years ago, one of the first questions I was asked at the Premium Appointment was if I was within the 28 day limit.

You are welcome to schedule/book your appointment in advance of the date that you would like (IIRC, the appointment system will let you book up to 42 days in advance) but the actual appointment date must be within the aforementioned 28 day window.

Good luck to you.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Thank you for this WestCoastCanadianGirl. Many reliable mods have been stating one can apply on 30th anniversary - and I've just barely understood the system. So this is rather confusing now. Either way. I think I can fit both systems: My partner's visa expires on the 16th Dec. So we can make an premium appointment for the 20th Nov (most recent bank statement and payslip will be within the 28 day rule, get paid on 25th Oct). Can you confirm if this is OK? Thanks.

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
If you look at the stickies at the top of the UK page you will see the following from Joppa:

If you are here on family route (as spouse or unmarried partner), and you entered UK on 33-month visa, then the earliest you can apply to renew your leave on form FLR(M) is on the 30-month anniversary of your UK entry (not from 'valid from' date on your visa, unless you arrived here on the first day of validity), minus 28 days. So for example, if you arrived in UK on your settlement visa on 17th June 2015, you can apply on 17th December 2017 (30-month anniversary), minus 28 days which will be 19th November 2017. So that's the first day you can book your premium service centre appointment for (for same-day service) or send off your application by post.

If you switched your leave within UK from fiancé(e) visa or any other non-visit visa (such as Tier 4 student, Tier 5 YMS or Tier 2 General) to leave to remain as spouse/partner on form FLR(M), your leave will be for exactly 30 months so you can renew up to 28 days before its expiry. This is also the case for ILR (settlement) application after being in UK for 5 years.

If you wish to renew or extend a non-settlement visa such as Tier 4 or Tier 2, there is no stipulation about how many days in advance you can apply, but your next leave will be valid from the date of issue, even if you had some days left on your previous visa or leave. Something to bear in mind if you can qualify for ILR after a stipulated period of residence, such as Tier 2 General. They usually allow up to 3 months short of prescribed period but naturally you don't want to cut it too finely.

If you renew your visa before the expiry date, the unexpired days of your previous visa are usually added to the new leave. Just bear in mind when you come to apply for settlement (indefinite leave to remain), as you will be able to apply some time before the expiry of your visa, i.e. 30 months on your visa, minus up to 28 days. Don't work it from the expiry date.

Reactions: ithinkin
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.