Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do we need to provide photocopies for every documents we submitting?

like passports, birth certs, marriage certs, payslips.

also those 6pieces-x2 evidence of co-habitation ...?

would they want to keep a copy or just simply verify and give it to us?

·
Registered
103 Posts
We had our premium appointment recently and didn't supply photocopies of every single document. I made copies of all the things we wanted/needed returned to us e.g. marriage certificate, husband's degree certificate, tenancy agreement etc (I didn't do passports). I also added a very short covering letter stating what we had supplied photocopies of and stating that we were happy for the ECO to keep all other original documents (basically we didn't care about bank statements, utility bills etc. so no point photocopying them)

This probably isn't what one of the Mods on here would suggest but it worked well for us. It saved time, money and paper. The ECO kept all the photocopies we provided and returned about 90% of all the other documents we submitted. Good luck!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We had our premium appointment recently and didn't supply photocopies of every single document. I made copies of all the things we wanted/needed returned to us e.g. marriage certificate, husband's degree certificate, tenancy agreement etc (I didn't do passports). I also added a very short covering letter stating what we had supplied photocopies of and stating that we were happy for the ECO to keep all other original documents (basically we didn't care about bank statements, utility bills etc. so no point photocopying them)

This probably isn't what one of the Mods on here would suggest but it worked well for us. It saved time, money and paper. The ECO kept all the photocopies we provided and returned about 90% of all the other documents we submitted. Good luck!
did they keep your utilities bills and bank statement?

·
Registered
103 Posts
No. The only thing they kept, except for the 8 photocopies we provided, was some very case-specific items (copies of applicant's mother/brother PR for other countries). That's it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Do we need to provide photocopies for every documents we submitting?

like passports, birth certs, marriage certs, payslips.

also those 6pieces-x2 evidence of co-habitation ...?

would they want to keep a copy or just simply verify and give it to us?
We provided photocopies of everything for FLR application and at the Solihull (Birmingham) centre they were delighted with that. Apparently it saves them time/effort.

We had all originals returned as far as I remember.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.