Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

My wife's visa is up on the 30th of June. She is applying for ILR. We intend to submit an online application this weekend. I'm worried that if we use super priority we won't be able to secure an appointment before her visa runs out. Or can the appointment be after the visa expires?

Also does her passport need translated if not in English? Thinking back we never did this before.

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
The appointment can occur after the visa expires. The only thing that matters is that the online application is submitted and paid for before the BRP expiry.
Passports don't need to be translated, they are in a standard international format

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much for your help on this ! Can I ask another question? In my letter from employer ( I'm my wife's sponsor) the employer has confirmed and signed by 6 pay slips for 6 months and provided my contract. They have stayed my current wage but they haven't said how long I have I earned that wage, is that an issue? I have earned said wage for about 2 years and ways been over the wage threshold in the ten years I have worked there.

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
It's a requirement of the employer letter... This is taken directly from the immigration rules:

b) A letter from the employer(s) who issued the payslips at paragraph 2(a) confirming:
  1. (i) the person’s employment and gross annual salary;
  2. (ii) the length of their employment;
  3. (iii) the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in the application; and
  4. (iv) the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts