Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
U.K.
9,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Other half would like to upgrade our new TV package to include football from the premierships, he does miss his football.

The channels offered are

Canales para ver fútbol

beIN LaLiga fútbol futbol tv television y futbol Movistar Fútbol

BUT

He would prefer to listen in English :rolleyes:

Many programs offer the chance to watch in the original language. If you watch the premiership do you have this option?

·
Registered
U.K.
9,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Many programs offer the chance to watch in the original language. If you watch the premiership do you have this option?
This option is only available when Spanish has been retrospectively dubbed over the orighinal. Obviously this is not possible for live football, or news.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
I have found acestream to be fairly reliable although occasionally there simply isn't an English version of a match being transmitted to begin with so you get stuck with Spanish or Russian.
Still it is normally buffer free and of decent quality and although I don't do it I believe it can be set up through an android box after a certain amount of faff.

It is at least worth downloading to have a look at, I can understand if it isn't the way some want to go but it is another option at least.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I find that the British commentary is terrible these days. They seem obssessed with inane facts, almost to the point of what a footballers favourite colour is! Glad I got that off my chest.

If possible, I will try and get a Spanish commentary, they are far more involved in the game and I find it adds to the excitement. (Just my opinion)

Finally, if you ever have Bein sports in English, which is broadcast for the US market, there is a co-commentator, Ray Hudson. He has a Geordie accent (nothing wrong with that) and continually spouts completely stupefying quotes.

"Braver than a matador in a pink tutu he was."

He also gets paid for using certain words, "Magisterial" is one I had to endure for the one and only game I had the misfortune to see. I have no idea how he's managed to last so long, as I can't see the American public finding his observations funny at all. Just to completely use this as a cathartic outpouring, he also talks over the actual commentator with annoying regularity. (Pause for breath...... and ...... breathe)

Regarding your initial post, we have an android box but haven't yet found a link that has any other audio options, other than the one with the pictures.
Plus, I find Spanish football more enjoyable, both teams try and win the game in most cases.

·
Registered
518 Posts
When I subscribed to Gol Tv on the Spanish TDT channel you could choose the world feed, but on an internet based system you can't. I think the best bet is to just get an android box and watch via Mobdro or one of the other apps that you can get the channels on.

·
Registered
123 Posts
This option is only available when Spanish has been retrospectively dubbed over the orighinal. Obviously this is not possible for live football, or news.
Sorry to correct you again, but many live games will offer multi-commentaries. Bein Sport is one of the best services for this, with most games having a choice of commentary in 5 languages!

·
Administrator
36,714 Posts
Sorry to correct you again, but many live games will offer multi-commentaries. Bein Sport is one of the best services for this, with most games having a choice of commentary in 5 languages!
Don't you have to pay for that? I'm sure Alcalaina was referring to the free channels.

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
So FTA is free-to-air. Or what we in Spain call TDT.

Are you saying that Megsmum can subscribe to beIN in Spain and watch the Premier League games with an English commentary? If so, why didn't you say so earlier?

·
Registered
U.K.
9,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thank you all

We decided against it, the upgrade was almost €30 per month. I think we will look for proxy service servers or similar. We are not remotely interested in UK TV itself, but film on is actually cheaper to subscribe too, and he can watch match of the day. He has managed for the past three years with talk sport, he'll have to continue :D

I did say that Chelsea probably won't win the Premier League next year, so you won't be missing anything... he's sulking LOL:D

·
Registered
U.K.
9,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Install uktvnow on your android device and you get all the SKY channels and dozens of others.

Hi

Ok, technical stuff unless a morphine pump, is not my thing. Android device = Laptop?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts