Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi i was wondering if anyone could help me with any information. I have recently found out that i am pregnant (via home test) so need to see a doctor as soon as possible to see how far along i am.

I have just moved to a different part of Spain and haven´t updated my address on my documents yet, will i need to do this before i see a doctor or will they still see me.

I have my Padron, NIE and social security number. will i need any thing else. i will also take my passport as ID

I don´t currently work, but my partner does (we are not married but live together) does this effect how i can get health care and will i have to pay. I look on the /SNIP/ and it says that Spain offer free health care of pregnant women regardless of residency or not. So some more information on this would be great.

Any other information about this is much appreciated. Thanks in Advance

·
Administrator
36,528 Posts
:welcome: & congratulations

Firstly - do you already have access to the state healthcare system? If so, you just need to take your padrón cert (up to date) & SS documantation to the local centro de salud & re-register there.

If you don't already have the right of access to state healthcare, then it's correct that as a pregnant woman you are entitled to heathcare, regardless of your status - though I presume you're a registered resident anyway, if you have all this other documentation?

Again, take all your paperwork to the centro de salud & register. Be prepared to have to stand your ground though. It isn't always easy to convince those on the desk of your entitlement.

This is a link to the info. from the govt. Ministerio de Sanidad, Servicios Sociales e Igualdad - Service de presse - La Reforma de la Sanidad - Preguntas frecuentes

This is the relevant bit
¿Qué ocurrirá con quienes no tengan derecho a la tarjeta?
Todas las personas tienen garantizada asistencia sanitaria básica aunque no cumplan los requisitos legales para obtener la tarjeta.
Si se trata de menores de 18 años, tendrán derecho a la misma atención que cualquier ciudadano español.
También esta plenamente garantizada la asistencia en el embarazo, parto y postparto.
En todo caso, se atenderán todas las urgencias por enfermedad u accidente.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
re:

Thank you :D

No i am not registered with the state health care, as i do not have residency. i was told when i got my NIE i couldn´t apply for my residency until i had a job and had to show a work contract as proof. But i will take my forms as mentioned in your post and get things sorted out. thanks for your reply

1 - 3 of 3 Posts