Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I have just moved from Pakistan to Abu Dhabi. I just wanted to know your opinion about different banks here.

I have to open an account here to transfer my salary. What are the benefits and features different banks are offering?

Haris

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hi

I have just moved from Pakistan to Abu Dhabi. I just wanted to know your opinion about different banks here.

I have to open an account here to transfer my salary. What are the benefits and features different banks are offering?

Haris
Hi there,
I don't know the answer to your questions, but I can tell you that few people suggested that the following banks are good for newcomers who are just employees and need low-fee accounts:
RAK bank- Noor Islamic Bank- AD Islamic bank

Best way would be going to each bank and ask what they offer you for your banking needs.

Good luck!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi there,
I don't know the answer to your questions, but I can tell you that few people suggested that the following banks are good for newcomers who are just employees and need low-fee accounts:
RAK bank- Noor Islamic Bank- AD Islamic bank

Best way would be going to each bank and ask what they offer you for your banking needs.

Good luck!
thanks for the reply. i will check from the banks

·
Registered
143 Posts
Morning ,

check with your Company witch bank they deal with and open an account with the same
this is will facilate tranfering you salery as it might get delayed if you open in another Bank ,
for your information , ADCB ( ABU DHABI COMMERCIAL BANK ) is one of the best .

Good Luck ,

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
my company deals with HSBC. But I am a fresher, this is my first job and HSBC requires about $ 5000 to open an account. Someone was telling me that there is some kind of salary account HSBC offers, but I could not find anything about that on the Internet.

·
Registered
234 Posts
If you are openeing a current account and providing the bank with a salary transfer letter from your company I don't think that they are going to ask for any deposit.

·
Banned
598 Posts
I think HSBC now require the person to make 20k a month to open a new current account. Tell me if I am wrong. I thought I read it on the net or in the paper.

·
Registered
143 Posts
you dont need any minimum , as per the Bank , ( i deal with them and that what they informed me )
my freind dont belive what ever you hear ,call anc check your self ,

Mr big , the 20K for the loan request , as i recall , but they forget about it if its your first loan or if you r a credit Free ,

·
Registered
83 Posts
I bank with HSBC, but not for much longer hopefully. They never reimbursed me for a fraudulent ATM cash withdrawal which happened in Sept 2008! I submitted all the forms which they lost and when I chased it up they then said it was too old to verify...bandits!

·
Registered
234 Posts
HSBC is crap and so many people are complaining from their service, I can't understand people rush on HSBC while there's tens and tens of other decent banks...

·
Registered
6,657 Posts
I bank with HSBC, but not for much longer hopefully. They never reimbursed me for a fraudulent ATM cash withdrawal which happened in Sept 2008! I submitted all the forms which they lost and when I chased it up they then said it was too old to verify...bandits!
If you have copies of the paperwork, then I can probably help you recover the missing money. You can contact me via the links below.

-

·
Registered
259 Posts
I agree with comments about HSBC, they are rubbish here (good in the UK). I have friends that waited 3 months for a card, got messed around and gave up in the end waiting for a pin number after 4 months. I went to open an account and they wanted me to keep 5K min in the bank every month......for what they couldn't explain.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I checked with HSBC today and they do not want any initial deposit for a salary account.

Please give your reviews about HSBC.

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Emirates NBD have been ok for me so far, although I've been waiting to receive my cheque book for about 4 months now.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Banking with Emirates Islamic Bank which is the Emirates NBD group, everything is working fine so far...Checkbook and ATM card sent in three days.
They have a cobranded wards Credit Card whith which you earn 1 emirates skyward per AED spent.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.