Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

So, I'm pasced (civil union) to a French citizen and we've been living in Paris proper for almost a year now (before we were in one of the ile de france suburbs). My carte de sejour expires April 20th 2009 - I was told to make an appointment on the Paris prefecture website 2 months before my card expires. So I went on the website this morning and booked an appointment. Unfortunately, the earliest available appointment was for April 28th, which of course means my CdS will have expired by the time I go to my appointment. Does anyone think this will be a problem? I'm not really sure what else I can do at this point, considering I followed instructions given to me when I received the first one. Thanks for any input or advice.

·
Administrator
50,385 Posts
It might be worth stopping by the prefecture to ask about that. If they say it's ok, then you're in the clear. If they have a problem with it, then you can ask them what they recommend that you do.

Given that they are currently telling folks not to ask about renewal of a cds any earlier than 2 months before its expiration, you're in the clear. But if their interview system is that backed up, then perhaps having people "stop by to inquire" will persuade them to actually do something about the backlog. (Even if they only issue you a recippissée to document that you have, indeed, made an appointment.)
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I suppose even having a recipisse or a stamp of some sort would give me some peace of mind when showing up at my scheduled appointment. Spending a few hours at the pref to find out might be worth it. Thanks for your help!

·
Administrator
50,385 Posts
I suppose even having a recipisse or a stamp of some sort would give me some peace of mind when showing up at my scheduled appointment. Spending a few hours at the pref to find out might be worth it. Thanks for your help!
It really shouldn't take a few hours - just a few minutes, and be sure to ask for the name of the person who tells you whatever they tell you. (Be real friendly when asking for the name.) Tends to focus the mind, just in case they decide to make something up. :love:

Don't insist on the recipisse or stamp. Just ask at accueil casually - you know, you just got this appointment and then you noticed it's for several days past the expiry date of the cds. "Is this going to cause any problems?" (You mean for you - but the fonctionnaires will only worry about problems caused for them.)

Chances are, it won't - but having the name of the person who told you that always helps.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
52 Posts
It really shouldn't take a few hours - just a few minutes, and be sure to ask for the name of the person who tells you whatever they tell you. (Be real friendly when asking for the name.) Tends to focus the mind, just in case they decide to make something up. :love:

Is it really true that there is a current law that says a public servant must give you their name if asked?

Kinda like the badge number for a policeman.....?

·
Registered
16 Posts
How to cancel an appointment with the prefecture

I am trying to figure out how to cancel an appointment with the prefecture for a titre de séjour. We have been trying to get one for my daughter since September and finally have an appointment next week. It is silly though since we are returning home at the end of June. I tried to cancel online with no joy. Any advice?

Marina

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.