Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have done Bsc Chemistry + MCA degrees and have 4 years of teaching experience. I would like to relocate to Australia but am not sure if lack of BEd. is a deterrent factor in getting a teacher's job in Australia and also whether there are CBSE schools in Australia. Please advise.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I have done Bsc Chemistry + MCA degrees and have 4 years of teaching experience. I would like to relocate to Australia but am not sure if lack of BEd. is a deterrent factor in getting a teacher's job in Australia and also whether there are CBSE schools in Australia. Please advise.
For school teaching, you will have to check with the Australian Institute for teaching and school leadership, and get a skills assessment from them. They will cover most teaching occupations like primary school teacher, secondary school teacher etc. Check on their website for further requirements https://www.aitsl.edu.au/migrate-to-australia.
Based on whichever occupation you nominate from the list provided on their website, you can choose which permanent or temporary visa you wish to apply for.

If you are looking for a university teaching job, your degrees are good enough for an assessment by VETASSESS, however, you must have university level academic research apart from your teaching experience, and these occupations are restricted to employer sponsored PR and temporary work visas only.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts