Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

In a bit of a panic here. So long story short, my wife (UK) and I (US) were married in January in the states and have been together for 3 years coming up in August. I have been in the UK for just under three months and plan to leave back home, shortly to apply for residency.

This is my question, it never dawned on me what sort of work limitations my visitor visa had. I work for a small small start up and had taken leave initially to come over here. About three weeks into my visit my company emailed and said we absolutely need you to help us. My job can be done 100% digitally and our client base is purely US. We're a small firm with fairly small books. It never occurred to me that this might have been a bad move. They direct deposit into my account. I know I need bank statements to apply, what am I in for here? I am absolutely panicked, this didn't at all register that this could be a problem and I fully intended to have a relaxing holiday. :(

·
Registered
83 Posts
You cannot work under any visitor visa, even remote work. But I wouldn't worry too much, since you do not need your bank statements to apply for your spousal visa; your sponsor will need to provide bank statements for the financial proof.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
I believe they ask if you are working and if so you need to provide one pay slip and one bank statement. Your sponsor will need to provide the full documentation, 6/12 mos or savings.

You should wait for a moderator to respond, but it's best to always be honest in your application. It may be best to admit your mistake and be apologetic when you apply.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply guys!

It was a short sighted innocent mistake on my part. I assumed that hey, I'm not taking a British job and I'm spending my money here, no harm no foul right?

So in the case that I don't have to submit a bank statement, then technically all should be well? For some reason I have it marked on my checklist that we both had to provide bank statements.

Thanks again for your help <3

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
You need one bank statement and one payslip. Since you will be back in the US, it shouldn't raise eyebrows as long as enough time has elapsed since your return for you to have earned the pay whilst in the US.

It's my understanding that you can answer emails and do some minor management of your work back home, but working remotely is not expected to be part of your activities whilst on a visitor visa, and "on holiday".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.