Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I am due to relocate to Dubai soon.

My new employer has sent me an economy ticket (with a 30kg allowance) to fly over.

Just wondering what people have done to ship bulky items over.

The amount of stuff I have doesn't warrant a container and all I really need to take with me are: (a) clothes; and (b) a pram (weighing in at 20kg) for when the missus eventually comes out with me.

I was contemplating: (a) sky cargo with Emirates; (b) upgrading to business class with Emirates (on the day); and (c) packing for excess baggage on the day.

Thanks

·
Registered
59 Posts
I believe prams can be checked in 'outside' of normal check-in baggage allowance. Best to check with airline to confirm

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Hi all

I am due to relocate to Dubai soon.

My new employer has sent me an economy ticket (with a 30kg allowance) to fly over.

Just wondering what people have done to ship bulky items over.

The amount of stuff I have doesn't warrant a container and all I really need to take with me are: (a) clothes; and (b) a pram (weighing in at 20kg) for when the missus eventually comes out with me.

I was contemplating: (a) sky cargo with Emirates; (b) upgrading to business class with Emirates (on the day); and (c) packing for excess baggage on the day.

Thanks
I just pre paid for the excess baggage that I knew I would need .... a slight saving on the airport prices.

Worth having a look at Aramex, in my experience their rates are pretty good compared to DHL, UPS etc. you can get a quote online.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts