Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks so much for the help with all my questions. If my positively assessed skill was later removed off the list after I was approved for said skill, could I still, in theory, get a job in Australia with that skill? So I was positively assessed to be a psychotherapist in Australia but that occupation was then removed from the list. Could I still work as a psychotherapist since it was approved through VETASSESS? Does that make sense? If I don't get nominated through the 189, is there any obvious reason why I wouldn't try for a 186 instead? Is there anything more negative (or more positive) about employer sponsored? Also curious if anyone has any experience of the process of moving from a 457 to a PR visa in the event I have to shoot for a 457. Thank you again!!!:)

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
If a certain job, like surgeon is removed from SOL etc then PR or visas for that profession will not be given.

If you have a visa from other methods and you are skilled/Aus licenced for the job then you should be OK.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
If you get a 457 visa, you can only perform the occupation you nominated for the employer who sponsored you. If you get a permanent visa such as 189, 186, etc. then you can perform any occupation you would like.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts