Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Experts,

Can any of you please list down the practical problems of a 489 visa, would be very helpful. I have submitted the EOI and due to lack of points I have to opt for 489 regional sponsored to SA. Getting very skeptical :(.

Here are my details:

ICT Trainer
Age 15+Education15+Language10+Experience10+Regional Sponsor 10.

Thanks,

Roja

Reactions: coolbuddy15

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hi Experts,

Can any of you please list down the practical problems of a 489 visa, would be very helpful. I have submitted the EOI and due to lack of points I have to opt for 489 regional sponsored to SA. Getting very skeptical :(.

Here are my details:

ICT Trainer

Thanks,

Roja

Hi Roja,

I have also applied for 489 SA and in a bit of vacillation now. I have seen some articles wrote by SA authors who were cursing Govt for not generating enough jobs and inviting new emigrants.

I could have attempted another IELTS but based on my agent advice I have already lodge the application. Its not that I didn't know about SA situation before I went for it, but I am all for this risk.

Lets see how it goes :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi Experts,

Here are my details:

ICT Trainer

Thanks,

Roja
HI,
I am also in the same boat. Case officer allocated on 09th Dec 15 - GSM Adelaide - 489, South Australia. Fingers crossed.

1. We need to live ins SA for 2 years before apply PR
2. Of course need to prove Full time employment of 12 months cumulative
3. I was told we are allowed to do any full time job to count towards this 12 months

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Roja,

I have also applied for 489 SA and in a bit of vacillation now. I have seen some articles wrote by SA authors who were cursing Govt for not generating enough jobs and inviting new emigrants.

I could have attempted another IELTS but based on my agent advice I have already lodge the application. Its not that I didn't know about SA situation before I went for it, but I am all for this risk.

Lets see how it goes :)
It took you almost a year to get a job? Are the job scenes still bad in SA?
How do you like it there, any regrets?

Thank you,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts