Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I wanted to inquire about the Australian PR prospects, for someone, who happens to complete M.tech (VLSI) from India in 2010, have other certificates (ex: NET : National Eligibility Test, GATE etc.) but have no work experience in IT or otherwise. If you guys can help me with the details such as requirements (PTE?), which visa category, any other exams to be cleared, chances for PhD/Job after getting PR or any other kind of VISA, I will appreciate it.

Thanks,
Neelesh

·
Registered
577 Posts
Hi Guys,

I wanted to inquire about the Australian PR prospects, for someone, who happens to complete M.tech (VLSI) from India in 2010, have other certificates (ex: NET : National Eligibility Test, GATE etc.) but have no work experience in IT or otherwise. If you guys can help me with the details such as requirements (PTE?), which visa category, any other exams to be cleared, chances for PhD/Job after getting PR or any other kind of VISA, I will appreciate it.

Thanks,
Neelesh
I too have NET GATE, and the like; but it wont matter to the DIBP. What matters is are you eligible for Australian skilled migration.

Take one step at a time, brother.

1.Identify an Occupation Code which best suits your qualification and work experience from the list provided on https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/F2017L00850.

2. Apply for a skills assessment based on your occupation.

3. Sit for an English test in the meantime; PTE, IELTS, etc.

4. If you have sufficient points score after these; submit an EOI in relevant visa category, and wait for an invitation.

Having said this, the skills assessment will require you to possess qualification as well as work experience relevant to your nominated occupation. Without relevant experience, I think, it will be difficult to get an assessment. However, please check the relevant assessing authority website for further details first.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts