Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am trying to get PR in Australia. I have seven years working experience. my question is out of 7 years, I worked as a Research Assistant for one year and another year as a junior software engineer in different places. Are these job titles applicable for skill assessment process. Can there be a chance to get 10 points with my 7 years experience?
I worked on contract basis for above 2 years. Afterwards, I moved to a permanent job and now I am a Senior software Engineer.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi,

I am trying to get PR in Australia. I have seven years working experience. my question is out of 7 years, I worked as a Research Assistant for one year and another year as a junior software engineer in different places. Are these job titles applicable for skill assessment process. Can there be a chance to get 10 points with my 7 years experience?
I worked on contract basis for above 2 years. Afterwards, I moved to a permanent job and now I am a Senior software Engineer.
If I could get above 10 points I can have 55 points in total and I need to apply for State sponsorship in SA. No idea about that process. I did IELTS and obtained overall 7.5.
Can anyone help for these problems to be solved.

·
Registered
23,955 Posts
If I could get above 10 points I can have 55 points in total and I need to apply for State sponsorship in SA. No idea about that process. I did IELTS and obtained overall 7.5.
Can anyone help for these problems to be solved.
Even if you get state sponsorship, your total score will be 60

There is no chance that you will get an invite anytime soon with just 60'points
People have been waiting for 18months and have not got an invite

So you have to get 20 points in English if you really want a PR
Try to give PTEA as it is much easier to score high marks in PTEA vs IELTS

Cheers

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply..How about the issue related to job titles? Any idea?

·
Registered
23,955 Posts
Thanks for the reply..How about the issue related to job titles? Any idea?
I am not the best person to advise you on this issue
I am sure another member will help,you out

Cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts