Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Opening this tread to share your experiences about your PR expiry and associated extension/RRV details.

I want to know the following details. PR was granted and within first 1 year made a visit, but left and stayed outside Australia.

1. Is it okay to enter the country (Australia) just before a month from PR expiry date? (Already made first entry to Australia after PR is granted).
2. What is the rule to get Citizenship, how long I should stay to qualify for that?
3. Is it possible to visit my home country in between after entering Australia, but before getting citizenship? If yes, after how long I should be eligible?
4. Do I need to apply for RRV before getting citizenship? If yes what is the process, cost associated?

thanks

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hi,

Opening this tread to share your experiences about your PR expiry and associated extension/RRV details.

I want to know the following details. PR was granted and within first 1 year made a visit, but left and stayed outside Australia.

1. Is it okay to enter the country (Australia) just before a month from PR expiry date? (Already made first entry to Australia after PR is granted).
2. What is the rule to get Citizenship, how long I should stay to qualify for that?
3. Is it possible to visit my home country in between after entering Australia, but before getting citizenship? If yes, after how long I should be eligible?
4. Do I need to apply for RRV before getting citizenship? If yes what is the process, cost associated?

thanks
1. You can enter and exit multiple times under 189.
2. You must meet the Residence Requirement.
3. Since, you didn't reside for at least 12 months as a Permanent Resident and 4 years in total, you'll have to get RRV and meet the residence requirement before being eligible for Citizenship.Check here.
4. Process to get RRV is mentioned here.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Sharma

Thank you Sharma for your reply with links to other information. It really helps.

Request others who might went thru this phase (PS holder entered in the last year of PR expiry) to share their experience about how they got RRV and what will be approve/rejection rate.

Any additional information you could share about first entry and settlement in Melbourne/Sydney area would help me in planning. I want to come with my family and then search for a job.

Can we apply for IT job in Australia from outside Australia before landing there?

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts