Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

I'm about to submit my application for PR within a month or two. In the mean time, I got a PhD offer in Europe. If I understand correctly, in order to renew RRV, I must stay 2 out 5 years in Australia. But since phD itself will take about 5 years, is there any way to get my RRV renewed or should I postpone my application?

I'm skeptical how the rules might be after 4-5 years and as I eventually want to settle down in Australia, I'm interesting in obtaining the PR at the earliest.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3010 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
424 Posts
Hi.

I'm about to submit my application for PR within a month or two. In the mean time, I got a PhD offer in Europe. If I understand correctly, in order to renew RRV, I must stay 2 out 5 years in Australia. But since phD itself will take about 5 years, is there any way to get my RRV renewed or should I postpone my application?

I'm skeptical how the rules might be after 4-5 years and as I eventually want to settle down in Australia, I'm interesting in obtaining the PR at the earliest.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3010 using Tapatalk

Only way round the way I see it that you apply and try and get hold of the Aussie PR.
After Visa validation, your PR will be valid for 5 years. Try and make it to OZ before the expiry of your visa.
You can enter OZ in that 5 year period. One would never know what's on offer after 5 years; Oz govt. might change its course?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.