Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Users,

I am thinking of to apply for my PR application.

I am little worried about the medical test that will be carried out soon and how I need to prepare for that .

I am sufferring with little anxiety problem and visited couple of GP's in australia in the past 1 year . Every one said I am having little anxiety and the associated symptomps.Some of them prescribed me medications but I never used them in the past one year.

I am able to do my work and live without any problems.

The questions worrying my mind are :

1) Do I need to mention about anxiety while medical examination .

2) Will the medical examiners or panel doctors will have access to any of my records or prescriptions they have given in the past one year by local GP's to me.

3) My health anxiety caused me to take two blood tests ( HIV ) in the past one year.It is just a anxiety or sequence of thoughts caused to take the test. The reports are all good no issues.Just the anxiety.Will the medical reports or panel doctors know that I have taken two blood tests in the past in australia.

4) I haven't admitted in any private or public hospitals .Just some of GP visits and some anxiety prescriptions . But I never bought them and used them.

I am thinking not to tell all this in medical exam . Is there any chance that panel doctors can know this info . Will they have access to any local medical center records or data ... ?

Please help me out . If required I can easily get a letter from my gp as well . but want to avoid all that as I am perfectly fine and healthy .

Regards,
Kishore.

G

·
Its nothing, stop worrying about it. Everyone suffers anxiety to varying degrees at some time or other. If you are not receiving treatment for it and are managing fine by still working etc I wouldnt even mention it. And no they would only need other medical records if you disclosed a chronic health condition or disability.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its nothing, stop worrying about it. Everyone suffers anxiety to varying degrees at some time or other. If you are not receiving treatment for it and are managing fine by still working etc I wouldnt even mention it. And no they would only need other medical records if you disclosed a chronic health condition or disability.
Thanks for the quick reply my friend.Eased some of my tension and stress.

One small clarification :

what do you mean by ? And no they would only need other medical records if you disclosed a chronic health condition or disability.

Secondly , if they don't have any access to any data or medical history of people in their database or records , people who are really sufferring with severe health conditions also can disclose the facts and there is a chance of visa approval right .

Anyway , I know it is just my anxiety making me think different conditions and trying to map.

Thanks mate.

Regards,
Kishore.

G

·
Yes people with chronic health problems get granted visas all the time, myself included I have epilepsy.
It is nit the fact you have a health condition or disability that is the problem but if it is well managed, treatable and how much it would likely cost the Australian Government to manage.

Many conditions would cost very little. For instance in my case I can and do work so would not cost them money in welfare payments. Although I take medication it is not very expensive and I do not need any other medical treatment and I would not need social care or educational support which is why I 'passed' the medical. Would be the same for anyone with any condition if they can prove the same.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Man you worry to much, forget about that...you worry way to much, anxiety is not a health condition and therefore not something that needs to be disclosed. All of us regular humans have it frequently in one form or another.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts