Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

This is Gurpreet from mumbai. i got my PR on 3rd july. there are threads related to people who are travelling to sydney. On the parallel lines I am starting this thread for people who will be making melbourne as their dream destination in coming months. I got PR under 261313, however lets make this thread open to all and not restrict to it. If there is already existing thread going on then please direct me to same. also if there are any whatsapp groups related to melbourne please let me know.

also If we get good response on this thread , we can make facebook group wherein we can share useful information, links, threads etc ?

let me know your thoughts.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hi guys, This is Gurpreet from mumbai. i got my PR on 3rd july. there are threads related to people who are travelling to sydney. On the parallel lines I am starting this thread for people who will be making melbourne as their dream destination in coming months. I got PR under 261313, however lets make this thread open to all and not restrict to it. If there is already existing thread going on then please direct me to same. also if there are any whatsapp groups related to melbourne please let me know. also If we get good response on this thread , we can make facebook group wherein we can share useful information, links, threads etc ? let me know your thoughts.
I agree. I've been trying to do this on this forum but with no positive results. For instance I too had started a thread. 2-3 people replied and then the other threads came up so mine went way below. Perhaps that's why you did not reply on my thread and started a new one. The same thing might happen with this thread as well. I don't think most people who once get their PR come back so often on this forum. Anyways I am another one. Planning to move to Melbourne. Will have a short visit first for 2 weeks and then thinking about moving permanently in Feb 2016.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Guys I am waiting for my 489 fs but I would like to keep in touch and share info and updates. My sister is in Melbourne but would love to have contacts before landing. I am from Pune by the way.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Good to see this group :)

I moved to Melbourne recently with my wife and son on 457

Here are my timelines.....

March 28: IELTS 7.5
April 29: EOI applied, 65 points, Software Engineer, 189
June 15th: Moved to Melbourne from Bangalore on 457
July 04: Invited for 189 VISA
Aug 10: Visa application Submitted
Aug 19: Applied for PCC