Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I need some information to submit for my PR visa.
Below is my current situation:

We are both happily married and living in Sydney. I did an off shore application from Sri Lanka and got the TR within 6 months of the application. I was really detailed with the application and gave a lot of information to my case manager where there was absolutely nothing for him to ask back about.

I'm originally from Sri Lanka and my wife is an Australian citizen. We married and decided to settle in Australia. I'm from a brand management background and I found it really hard to find a job in Sydney. Hence we had decided that we will stay at my wife's parents place until we settle down, I.e to find suitable employment which will help us to be financially stable. My wife is working as a risk officer with a stable job and been working for the last 8 years.

It took about one year and I have found work as a case manager for a disability employment service. However we are still living with my wife's parents who have been living here for over 25 years and having very much stable jobs. Hence, we haven't had any issues with our living arrangements.

Now we have got the email for the PR grant and we are finding it difficult to give enough evidence because we are living with my in laws. Following are some of the evidence that we are thinking of submitting:
1) flight itineraries - all the trips around Australia and abroad
2) my wife's and my super beneficiary documentation nominating me as the beneficiary in case something happens to her
3) driving licenses, bank documents and other letters with our addresses showing that we are living at the same location
4) Facebook screen dumps with the dates showing that we are in a long term relationship
5) photos with our families, friends and trips we have gone together
6) copies of invites we have been delivered as invitations for social gatherings
7) a declaration from my father in law stating that we are living with him and that we are financially independent
8) my wife is thinking of changing her last name to mine as well

The above our all the evidence that we are submitting. Is there anything else that can be submitted? Do you think this is enough?

Thanks again for anyone for any help

Kind regards

Nishantha

·
Super Moderator
1,721 Posts
So the evidence you mentioned above looks pretty good for Partner Visa 100.

You need to submit Form 888 - completed by two Australian Citizens along with your application and you should be good.

Good luck!!

Girl Aussie

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi there,

I'm almost in the process of submitting the documents. I've just realized that the stat dec by my wife and I sound a bit similar. Would this be an issue? I'm thinking it should be similar as we are living the same life........ Can anyone help me with this?

·
Super Moderator
1,721 Posts
Well both Statutory Declaration can more or less be same but you as Applicant needs to elaborate all questions with evidence as compare to the Sponsor.

Hope this helps.

Girl Aussie

Hi there,

I'm almost in the process of submitting the documents. I've just realized that the stat dec by my wife and I sound a bit similar. Would this be an issue? I'm thinking it should be similar as we are living the same life........ Can anyone help me with this?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Thanks a ton

1 - 9 of 9 Posts