Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there,

Just a quick question. I've been told that once you have your visa and you 'land' you must have a permanent address in Canada to obtain a PR card? If this is the case, as I am sure it is, how do you go about getting a permanent address if you have never lived there before? Also, can you go back and forth to the UK/Canada as many times as you need to before actually settling? I understand that if you 'land' and decide to go back to the UK to tie up things, you will have to pay for another visa, which will have to be obtained at the CIC in London? If this is also the case, does anyone know how much a new visa will cost?

Thanks very much.

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Hello there,

Just a quick question. I've been told that once you have your visa and you 'land' you must have a permanent address in Canada to obtain a PR card? If this is the case, as I am sure it is, how do you go about getting a permanent address if you have never lived there before? Also, can you go back and forth to the UK/Canada as many times as you need to before actually settling? I understand that if you 'land' and decide to go back to the UK to tie up things, you will have to pay for another visa, which will have to be obtained at the CIC in London? If this is also the case, does anyone know how much a new visa will cost?

Thanks very much.
I'm assuming you're referring to a Permanent Resident Visa.
You must land to activate within 12 months of your medicals.
You can arrange to pickup your card(s) at a CIC facility in Canada. Go to CIC website for details.
Yes, you can go back and forth as often as possible. Remember the two years out of five rule.
You will not need or need to pay for another visa if you possess a PR one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.