Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Wanted suggestion on the below queries :

1. I have an option of travelling with a dependent visa to Australia (my wife has a company sponsored long term visa). Will it be beneficial if I apply for PR from Australia or should I apply it now before travel ?

2. If I am applying for my PR can I apply just for myself for now and later add my wife as my dependent ? Since my wife would be having a company sponsored Australian work permit.

Thanks in Advance.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Hi,

Wanted suggestion on the below queries :

1. I have an option of travelling with a dependent visa to Australia (my wife has a company sponsored long term visa). Will it be beneficial if I apply for PR from Australia or should I apply it now before travel ?

you hold your Dependent visa and traveling, apply onshore.
If you apply offshore, once onshore need to update circumstances change

2. If I am applying for my PR can I apply just for myself for now and later add my wife as my dependent ? Since my wife would be having a company sponsored Australian work permit.

Why do you want to complicate it, include your wife, once granted ,let her employer know, they will do the rest

Thanks in Advance.
Good luck

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
+1 to what JP Mosa said above, and there is no such thing as adding your partner to the PR later. It has to be before (EOI) or even during processing of your PR application itself, otherwise your only options are either:
- another partner visa application but this one could take much more time than your PR and will cost you thrice as much, or
- another independent PR for your wife alone (maybe later after her employment/ contract if that is somehow your reason for not considering a PR for her now) but this will be twice as costly compared to applying with her as your dependent now, and of course will have to go through all the eligibility criteria, points test, etc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts