Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have completed my bachelor's degree(civil engineering) in 2013 and have been doing voluntary work,
so i have no proper work experience documentation required for almost 4 years.Will I have to provide any personal statement explaining why I was not working full time?
i have 65 points
age-30
degree-15
pte-20
Am i eligible for 189 ?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hi,
I have completed my bachelor's degree(civil engineering) in 2013 and have been doing voluntary work,
so i have no proper work experience documentation required for almost 4 years.Will I have to provide any personal statement explaining why I was not working full time?
i have 65 points
age-30
degree-15
pte-20
Am i eligible for 189 ?
1. You are eligible if you have more than 60 points.
2. Voluntary work is still a work. You won't be asked for evidence for something that you are not claiming points for. But this depends on CO really. Some of the people have been asked for evidence of employment even though they didn't claim points for it. Can you provide evidence of your voluntary work?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i do have experience but is unrelated and the company(a startup) has been closed down now.

·
Registered
157 Posts
i do have experience but is unrelated and the company(a startup) has been closed down now.
Doesn't matter if its unrelated. As unlikely as it might be but a CO could still ask for evidence as seen in some cases on this forum.
Could you still manage to get at least an experience letter just in case?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Definitely,but it is about an year and rest i may not be able to get it.what will happen to my case?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Definitely,but it is about an year and rest i may not be able to get it.what will happen to my case?
Nothing.
Don't claim it. Lodge your EOI and keep your fingers crossed as evidence for your voluntary experience won't be asked.
Its been asked in very few cases.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts