Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

My husband and I are applying for visa 189. We are not sure who will be the primary applicant. I am getting more points but he has more probability of landing a job there. Need answers for following queries:

1) Once the visa is granted, do we have to make visit to Australia in 6 months (or any other time frame)?

2) Is it mandatory for primary holder to visit Australia within 6 months (or any other time frame) or if secondary holder can go in place of primary holder (if it is mandatory to visit Australia after getting visa).

3) What is the process once one have received visa?

Any kind of help will be really helpful. Would

·
Registered
106 Posts
It depends on the initial entry date you get on your grant which is typically 1 year post your medicals and PCC, whichever is earlier. And as far as I know, there is no diff in pr of primary and dependent, I will let experts confirm this. Process after visa I think u fly down there, find a home to live in, get a job etc.... :) that's all I know about it

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
495 Posts
Hey All,

My husband and I are applying for visa 189. We are not sure who will be the primary applicant. I am getting more points but he has more probability of landing a job there. Need answers for following queries:

1) Once the visa is granted, do we have to make visit to Australia in 6 months (or any other time frame)?

2) Is it mandatory for primary holder to visit Australia within 6 months (or any other time frame) or if secondary holder can go in place of primary holder (if it is mandatory to visit Australia after getting visa).

You should be the primary applicant if you have more points, which will increase the probability of you getting the invite and visa in the first place. Getting a job is the next step to grant and your husband can get the job first after landing...

1. Once the visa is granted you and all applicants included in your visa as dependent or secondary will have to make the initial entry before the initial entry date.
2. After the grant all applicants are same be it primary or secondary, so after initial entry any one can stay on and other can make the move at a later date.
3. There is not much after you get the grant other than your entry...you can follow threads of people who have made the big move...
Hope this clarifies some of your doubts... this forum is a huge knowledge bank, just search and check other threads related to your doubts... you will get multiple answers.

Good luck!!!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@debeash Can I find this info on any official website as well. As this is the big step, just wanted to confirm before going forward :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can I find this info on any official website as well. As this is the big step, just wanted to confirm before going forward :)

You should be the primary applicant if you have more points, which will increase the probability of you getting the invite and visa in the first place. Getting a job is the next step to grant and your husband can get the job first after landing...

1. Once the visa is granted you and all applicants included in your visa as dependent or secondary will have to make the initial entry before the initial entry date.
2. After the grant all applicants are same be it primary or secondary, so after initial entry any one can stay on and other can make the move at a later date.
3. There is not much after you get the grant other than your entry...you can follow threads of people who have made the big move...
Hope this clarifies some of your doubts... this forum is a huge knowledge bank, just search and check other threads related to your doubts... you will get multiple answers.

Good luck!!!

·
Registered
23,944 Posts
Hey All,

1. The visa grant letter will have initial entry date for all the applicants.
Everyone has to enter Australia once before that date jointly or separately or in any order as per their own convenience
It has to be in person and no proxy is permitted

2. Same as above

3. Activate the PR by entering Australia once and then if needed, you can leave and come back and settle after winding up your commitment in your home country anytime within the period of 5 years

You should try to stay atleast for 2 years in a,period of 5 years in Australia so that you are eligible to apply for RRV in case you want to go abroad after the initial 5 year period

Cheers

·
Registered
495 Posts
@debeash Can I find this info on any official website as well. As this is the big step, just wanted to confirm before going forward :)
You can check the DBIP website...it is a little ambiguous, but if you have the time and patience you will get the gist of it...my suggestion is you get a good MARA agent and discuss with them as they deal with this stuff day in and day out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah planning to meet MARA agent. Thanks for the suggestion.

You can check the DBIP website...it is a little ambiguous, but if you have the time and patience you will get the gist of it...my suggestion is you get a good MARA agent and discuss with them as they deal with this stuff day in and day out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts