Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have issued a General Power of Attoney to a person in Dubai to act on my behalf while I am away from the country. I do travel around the world and am away for long periods of time.

I am concerned that the person could potentially abuse the authority I have given him under the Power of Attorney, and perhaps attempt to transfer the property to his name or take out a mortgage/loan on the property without my knowledge.

How do I check to see if any of these have/have not happened ?

Are there any government departments I can check with by email or over the phone ?

Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thanks MarinaGuy.

I have given him a fair amount of authority on the basis that we are good friends and he can be trusted, but I am little uncomfortable with it now. His financial circumstances have changed and I am concerned that he may be desperate enough to break the trust and abuse the authority.

I am willing to come back to Dubai for a short time to sort it out, but need to know which government departments I need to see.

Do I need to make an appointment with the Dubai Land Department ?? Will they be able to tell me if there are any mortgages or loans taken out against the property ? Would they be able to verify that the property is still in my name ? Are there any other departments I need to speak to ?

I also intend to cancel the PoA when I return.

Many Thanks for your help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.