Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever dealt with [email protected] ??

I have an interview with a client of their’s regarding governess work, but I am not sure how the governess/private family hiring process goes. So I don’t know what to expect?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I am a UK citizen, and have received an interview for a HNW Family governess from [email protected] , I’m just wondering about the governess hiring process?

is it normal to be secretive about the family until you meet them? Could this potentially be a scam? Is this email legitimate?

·
Super Moderator
Originally from UK but lived in many countries
6,907 Posts
Hi,
It is quite normal for top families to be very cautious here (for obvious reasons) and you would be bound by strict confidentiality clauses if you end up working for them.
The scam element could certainly come from the recruitment company - normally in the form of an advance fee scam.
They would ask you to pay for tickets, visa processing fees etc. - through their approved travel & visa agents.
They would promise that these fees & expenses would be refunded once you arrive in the UAE.
If the job is genuine - you would receive air tickets, travel accommodation to come for an interview - without you needing to pay for anything.
The acid test is therefore whether you are asked to pay any advance fees!
Cheers
Steve

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.