Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I run a business in the UK that i will be doing when i move to spain but it wil involve sending small parcels to the Uk and i am trying to see how much a parcel weighing 250grams will cost to send to the UK and what the postage procedure is via spain.The parcels will contain insects such as locusts and praying mantis and at present i send throughout europe and just need to know cost from spain to send to UK
Thanks
Nic

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi
Thanks i tried that but if i am reading it correctly then postage is 27.43 which i presume is euro i cannot see that being right as it costs me only £1.80 to send from UK to Spain as standard postage small package rate

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
Hi
Thanks i tried that but if i am reading it correctly then postage is 27.43 which i presume is euro i cannot see that being right as it costs me only £1.80 to send from UK to Spain as standard postage small package rate
That must be wrong, I sent a football shirt to the suppliers in England by recorded delivery only last week. the price was only €9.52.

The only thing to do is ask at an Oficina de Correos or have another go at the website.
Failing that send me the weight and dimensions and type of delivery you require and I will ask at our post office here in the Canaries, it is just down the road,

Hepa

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That must be wrong, I sent a football shirt to the suppliers in England by recorded delivery only last week. the price was only €9.52.

The only thing to do is ask at an Oficina de Correos or have another go at the website.
Failing that send me the weight and dimensions and type of delivery you require and I will ask at our post office here in the Canaries, it is just down the road,

Hepa
Hi
Thanks for this the parcel will be 7 inches length x 5 inches wide x 5 inches height (aprox 18cm x 13cm x 13cm ) will weigh 250grams and just standard postage (same as our first class international postage).

Thank you
Nic

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
Hi
Thanks for this the parcel will be 7 inches length x 5 inches wide x 5 inches height (aprox 18cm x 13cm x 13cm ) will weigh 250grams and just standard postage (same as our first class international postage).

Thank you
Nic
I shall ask tomorrow,

Hepa

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
For the dimensions and weight you gave me, the very nice man at the post office tells me that the cost will be,

Normal €6.00
Urgent €6.95
certificated €8.30
Urgent cert. €9.25

These rates are the same throughout Spain.

Regarding the praying mantis, I believe we get those here in our garden, but not very often.
Hope this will be of use,

Hepa

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
For the dimensions and weight you gave me, the very nice man at the post office tells me that the cost will be,

Normal €6.00
Urgent €6.95
certificated €8.30
Urgent cert. €9.25

These rates are the same throughout Spain.

Regarding the praying mantis, I believe we get those here in our garden, but not very often.
Hope this will be of use,

Hepa
Hi
Thank you for doing that for me i really appreciate it could i be cheeky and ask one more favour next time you at post office would you mind finding out how much to send parcel 18cm length x 13cm wide x 7cm height (7 inch x 5 inch x 3inch) and weighing no more than 150gram as i need to try and keep postage cost as low as possible and these will be the two size parcels i will send the most.

Thanks once again
Nic

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
Hi
Thank you for doing that for me i really appreciate it could i be cheeky and ask one more favour next time you at post office would you mind finding out how much to send parcel 18cm length x 13cm wide x 7cm height (7 inch x 5 inch x 3inch) and weighing no more than 150gram as i need to try and keep postage cost as low as possible and these will be the two size parcels i will send the most.

Thanks once again
Nic

The man at the post office , checked on those measurements and weight and they are exactly the same as the other packet.

I have found that the Royal Mail is substantially cheaper than the Spanish Oficina de Correos,

Hepa

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The man at the post office , checked on those measurements and weight and they are exactly the same as the other packet.

I have found that the Royal Mail is substantially cheaper than the Spanish Oficina de Correos,

Hepa
Ok thanks it def more expensive in spain as to send from uk to spain its £1.80 (to send in uk to uk address it £1.96 for some reason dearer )
Would you know how much to send the same parcels in spain to a spanish address sorry to keep asking but i need to ensure i have all areas covered and no shocks when i am ready to move and carry on the business in spain

Regards
Nic

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
I seem to recall an earlier post, maybe two years ago, which talked about sending animals such as preying mantis through the post and that there were restrictions etc and licences required. I assume you already know about this? That is, if my memory is correct, and as Baldilocks knows only too well, I am prone to lapses.... can't temember what the lapses are...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I seem to recall an earlier post, maybe two years ago, which talked about sending animals such as preying mantis through the post and that there were restrictions etc and licences required. I assume you already know about this? That is, if my memory is correct, and as Baldilocks knows only too well, I am prone to lapses.... can't temember what the lapses are...
Hi
I am trying to find out about the licences now although as being in the EU if its the same as england then there are no real restrictions to any EU country just some like Finland require you to write out a custom form cn22 just stating contents so hopefully there are no real restrictions.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Hi
I am trying to find out about the licences now although as being in the EU if its the same as england then there are no real restrictions to any EU country just some like Finland require you to write out a custom form cn22 just stating contents so hopefully there are no real restrictions.
The restrictions will apply to the keeping and breeeding of the insects, not the transport. You most likely will need a license from your ayuntamiento which might include regular veterinary controls, if you are planning to breed in larger scale with the aim of profit. This would involve tax declarations and autonomo status, with further costs involved. But ofc only if you decide to go the official route, all depends on the size of your operation.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The restrictions will apply to the keeping and breeeding of the insects, not the transport. You most likely will need a license from your ayuntamiento which might include regular veterinary controls, if you are planning to breed in larger scale with the aim of profit. This would involve tax declarations and autonomo status, with further costs involved. But ofc only if you decide to go the official route, all depends on the size of your operation.

Thanks for the advice the size of my business will be really just so i have enough to live on with a bit extra for saving and it will only be myself and partner running it, i intend on breeding insects / inverts for reptile food such as locusts,waxworms,silkworms etc and praying mantis as pets.
Regards

·
Registered
14,309 Posts

Yes there was a post about the same thing and yes licences etc required if my memory:D also serves me right

·
Registered
262 Posts
One more thing about the post - mostly fine, but try and get all your parcels out before July and August. I've had a couple of things go missing but only in high summer, so I avoid posting or receiving then.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
One more thing about the post - mostly fine, but try and get all your parcels out before July and August. I've had a couple of things go missing but only in high summer, so I avoid posting or receiving then.
Thank you for that it is certainly worth considering and not something i would have thought about is that internal post or international posting ?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.