Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
5841 - 5860 of 14520 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
You must be at 17 weeks by now as I know your a March applicant. I hope you get an answer if you contact them I've been waiting nearly 2 weeks for an urgent reply that had medical evidence attached and they never acknowledge it

I don't blame you for contacting them it's been so long
Less than 17, since they count it from when they receive your physical application, but still plenty stressful, nonetheless!
That's so awful! They're supposed to speed things up in those events.
I just found out that my fiance's grandmother has been hospitalized for the second time this month, so we're increasingly irritated over this long wait, but I suppose if they haven't even batted an eye at your urgent medical issue that they wouldn't care about that either ]:

·
Registered
937 Posts
Less than 17, since they count it from when they receive your physical application, but still plenty stressful, nonetheless!
That's so awful! They're supposed to speed things up in those events.
I just found out that my fiance's grandmother has been hospitalized for the second time this month, so we're increasingly irritated over this long wait, but I suppose if they haven't even batted an eye at your urgent medical issue that they wouldn't care about that either ]:
It's wrong that you can't even phone them FAQ only ever refer to settlement applications take between 12-24 weeks. My docs got to Sheffield early April and as hubby applied in Nigeria we've never heard nothing we don't get any updates. Another lady found out her visa decision was made when the supporting docs dropped through the post.

Am tired of it all I don't get how they can change the processing times so easy. The gov area I work in has targets to meet and if we breach were fined heavily

Well 2 days of nothing now then the hopefully wait starts again everyday next week

·
Registered
158 Posts
It's wrong that you can't even phone them FAQ only ever refer to settlement applications take between 12-24 weeks. My docs got to Sheffield early April and as hubby applied in Nigeria we've never heard nothing we don't get any updates. Another lady found out her visa decision was made when the supporting docs dropped through the post.

Am tired of it all I don't get how they can change the processing times so easy. The gov area I work in has targets to meet and if we breach were fined heavily

Well 2 days of nothing now then the hopefully wait starts again everyday next week
i have to admit ,im getting more and more upset as time goes on .My fiance's application is at working day 34 of priority .We paid for priority so as to get a quicker reply and not have so much stress ,yeah right !!!I have emailed them for an update last week only to get the automated reponse "we will contact you in 20 days with a more detailed email " .

My biggest concern is that now the descision is in on the threshold ,we will get pushed back as they deal with all the applications on "hold" due to the court case .I have read that there is around 3.500 to 4000 visa's on hold which have to be dealt with by the 28th of july .How true this all is i dont know ,as there seems to be alot of speculation on the whole subject .

I have to admit i feel for those who have been waiting for what seems to be a year of hearings ,but at the same time i don't want to be pushed to the side as they get dealt with .

does anyone else have any thoughts on this ,or even shed some light on it ? :frusty: :argue: :frusty:

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Yes it's true to say that they will start dealing with those on hold on 28th July. However I imagine it simply means a refusal email and sending the docs back?

Those put on hold will be spread over many visa offices throughout so can't see that it will make a major difference to the likes of those waiting. Having said that I hope eveyones visa is through by that date as so many seem to have been waiting sooooooooooo long now :fingerscrossed:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Spousal visa timeline:
Country applying from: South Africa - Pretoria
Type of visa: Spouse -Settlement
Date submitted: 12 June 2014
Date of decision 17 July 2014
Visa received: 18 July 2014

I am over the moon that my wife will now be able to join me in UK :) :) :) good luck to those waiting!!!!!

·
Registered
937 Posts
i have to admit ,im getting more and more upset as time goes on .My fiance's application is at working day 34 of priority .We paid for priority so as to get a quicker reply and not have so much stress ,yeah right !!!I have emailed them for an update last week only to get the automated reponse "we will contact you in 20 days with a more detailed email " .

My biggest concern is that now the descision is in on the threshold ,we will get pushed back as they deal with all the applications on "hold" due to the court case .I have read that there is around 3.500 to 4000 visa's on hold which have to be dealt with by the 28th of july .How true this all is i dont know ,as there seems to be alot of speculation on the whole subject .

I have to admit i feel for those who have been waiting for what seems to be a year of hearings ,but at the same time i don't want to be pushed to the side as they get dealt with .

does anyone else have any thoughts on this ,or even shed some light on it ? :frusty: :argue: :frusty:
It's so difficult to know what affect these other applications will have on the wait. They seem to be no way to figure out what's happening and they don't want to communicate much either.

Maybe next week will see some movement prior to the week of 28 commencing

·
Registered
55 Posts
FedEx came this morning and I got my Visa! Holy Schmoly.
Only you guys can really appreciate the angst, despair, depression, hopelessness,
false hope, self doubt, etc. that goes along with this experience. I actually know that I am a different person than I was before this ordeal: I will appreciate the little things now and not take anything for granted.

I want everyone who prayed or said encouraging things along the way to know how much I appreciate it. I really hope everyone here gets to be with their loved ones sooner, rather than later.

I would also like to thank the Moderators, Mr. Joppa and Nyclon for all of your help and giving me the slack to hijack the thread occasionally. I would also like to apologize for my overuse of emoticons, but I won't apologize for this particular overuse of said!
So glad for you and your family Touchline Dad!!! Finally!!!!! Have a terrific trip to UK!!! Never again waiting for a piece of paper to arrive!!!

Soon I'll be joining you ;)

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Spousal visa timeline:
Country applying from: South Africa - Pretoria
Type of visa: Spouse -Settlement
Date submitted: 12 June 2014
Date of decision 17 July 2014
Visa received: 18 July 2014

I am over the moon that my wife will now be able to join me in UK :) :) :) good luck to those waiting!!!!!
Brilliant! :) I've been waiting for someone who applied in Pretoria to give their timeline! My DIL applied in Zim (processed in Pretoria) she did her bio on 2nd July and since then they have not updated the tracking. She send an email to them about this last Friday and they said they would reply within 3 working days which they did'nt!

Was your application straight forward? Hers is so holding thumbs it comes throug soon :D

When are you flying?

·
Super Moderator
18,115 Posts
Brilliant! :) I've been waiting for someone who applied in Pretoria to give their timeline! My DIL applied in Zim (processed in Pretoria) she did her bio on 2nd July and since then they have not updated the tracking. She send an email to them about this last Friday and they said they would reply within 3 working days which they did'nt!

Was your application straight forward? Hers is so holding thumbs it comes throug soon :D

When are you flying?
Holding thumbs?

·
Registered
499 Posts
Hang in There OB111, Pannyann

Hey Guys-
I do remember every Friday being so disappointing, and each Saturday and Sunday it was all I could do to try to get my mind off of my situation. I feel so badly for you guys, I will hope and pray that you all get the chance to be with your loved ones soon. Try to find a way to enjoy the weekend…like my Wife's Dr. told her when she was 9 months with my son (when she was begging to be induced).."I know for sure that you won't be pregnant forever.."
:behindsofa::peep::grouphug:

·
Super Moderator
18,115 Posts
Thanks Nyclon, you have been most helpful :D
Don't leave me hanging! I want to know what holding thumbs means. Is it the Zimbabwean equivalent crossing your fingers or fingers crossed? :)

·
Registered
2,022 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Hey Guys- I do remember every Friday being so disappointing, and each Saturday and Sunday it was all I could do to try to get my mind off of my situation. I feel so badly for you guys, I will hope and pray that you all get the chance to be with your loved ones soon. Try to find a way to enjoy the weekend…like my Wife's Dr. told her when she was 9 months with my son (when she was begging to be induced).."I know for sure that you won't be pregnant forever.." :behindsofa::peep::grouphug:

Thanks Touchline Dad.... Hindsight i put myself in dis position... Sooo i better quit my ranting... Their Country, Their rules and i want to live there i need to get with the program..

When i want to give up, i think of my kids and am motivated all over again...

Am sure u cant wait to see yours again... Have a safe trip to the UK... Eventually we will all get there...

Plus the 9months reference i refused to leave the hospital until i was induced... The doctor thought i was joking... I sat there with my delivery bag @ 41weeks, sooo am probably not good with patience cause if i had gone home i would have probably come back. I was building up to the show all by myself...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yes, I would think this means that you should be getting news soon! I really don't understand how Sheffield works or what order they go in, its very frustrating that they seem to have no pattern. I'm very happy that I have heard and I don't know if it is because I used a UK Level 1 OISC-registered Immigration Adviser or not.

If something extra was needed I would assume you would have heard already. On June 21st I received the initial processing email followed by an email saying that the return envelope I provided wouldn't work and I needed to give them an international courier account number.

Good Luck to you I hope you will be getting very good news soon!!
Thanks for your reply. Crossing fingers that I hear something soon. Congrats on yours :)

·
Registered
209 Posts

All of the visas on hold are going to be denied, because the government ruled in favor of UKVI, so they already know their answer.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Hey Guys-
I do remember every Friday being so disappointing, and each Saturday and Sunday it was all I could do to try to get my mind off of my situation. I feel so badly for you guys, I will hope and pray that you all get the chance to be with your loved ones soon. Try to find a way to enjoy the weekend…like my Wife's Dr. told her when she was 9 months with my son (when she was begging to be induced).."I know for sure that you won't be pregnant forever.."
:behindsofa::peep::grouphug:
Thanks Touchline dad your words mean a lot. I'm trying keep busy but I do hope were all reunited soon. You made me laugh about not being pregnant forever that's very true. I am routing for us all to hear soon.

Do you know when your getting to UK?

5841 - 5860 of 14520 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.